Send Topic Print
Gas tank vents? (Read 57 times)
redsavage87
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Gas tank vents?
09/17/09 at 22:51:04

Alright. So I have figured out my problem. I couldn't maintain high speed (65+) for more than I short while. I cracked open the gas cap, and wala! Everything works fine. Now I need to find out where to clean my gas tank vents. Can anyone help me out? I'm starting by taking apart my gas cap, but I haven't really seen much clogging yet... are there more vents?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Gas tank vents?
Reply #1 - 09/17/09 at 22:53:14

The vents are in the cap.
There are 2, one in one out.
I haven't gone into them so keep your eyes open.

WWW   IP Logged
redsavage87
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/17/09 at 23:05:12

Well I do see the vents. On the top, there is one rectangular hole. On the bottom (the part facing down into the gas) there are 2 holes. One has a small silver ball, and the other is covered by something. It might be rubber... not sure. When I blow through the top hole, it comes out the hole that has the silver ball... seems to me like that would be the "out" hole, as a higher pressure in the tank would push the ball up, releasing the pressure...

I just don't know how to clean the "in" hole.

IP Logged
boofer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/18/09 at 00:13:03

redsavage87, I have an '01 that has a small screen in one of the holes. I took the two phillips screws out and seperated the parts keeping them oriented so the key would work when I reassembled it. I took WD40 with the little red tube and sprayed in every hole I could find soaking the cap, my shirt, my eyes, the workbench, the dog...well, you get it. Put it back together,blew through the keyhole, seems fine. Never saw the silver ball you speak of. Runs good.   Boofer

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 05:23:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Gas tank vents?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.