Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Re: saddlebags
Reply #31 - 09/25/09 at 13:13:27

Looks good. Order placed. Says they should be here by the first. That should be perfect. get them the first mount them the second ride the third. Awww time to spare.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #32 - 09/30/09 at 15:39:29

chunless, those do look really good!  And thanks for the link on the website.  I know others have recommended Dennis Kirk before, too.  

We ordered these http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp;jsessionid=XTV2H5AF... for my husband's C90.  They arrived today, Wednesday (ordered Monday evening!), free shipping, and they look awesome!  Might just have to pick up a new set for my S40 from them now.  Saddlemen makes a great product, and Dennis Kirk seemed to have the best price.  

~

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #33 - 10/01/09 at 07:59:50

Those look a lot like mine. Here is the link to what mine are, if it works.

http://www.cycleluggage.com/willie_and_max_sb701_motorcycle_saddlebags.html

Only thing is, I hated them buckles,.....takes way too long to get in and out of them. So I cut the buckles off, then installed heavy canvas snaps on everything,.....much better.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #34 - 10/01/09 at 08:23:40

Routy, those look nice too.  How's the quality... the "feel"??  I haven't seen any Willie & Max bags in person.  I know they have a good reputation.  I hate randomly ordering something without being able to touch and feel it.  And I dont like the buckles either, which mine now have, but the Saddlemen buckles are just for looks.  There is a quick-release pinch buckle under the silver buckle, and they actually lock too.  Well, little plastic keys, but locks, nevertheless.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #35 - 10/01/09 at 08:36:00

First bags I've ever had, so hard to compare. But I like them, and they look good.
Yep, these have the quick release also, but the straps over the top bothered the releases, so I got rid of them. I still use the release, the snaps just replace the buckles so there is nothing to interfere w/ the quick release anymore.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
dhtran
YaBB Newbies

If you see this, I
should be studying..

Houston, TX
Reply #36 - 10/02/09 at 20:08:41

What does everyone put in their saddlebags?

Could I put a backpack in there so I don't have to wear? It's hold my laptop and a couple of books.. or would I have to take the stuff out?

I'm looking to buy a sissy bar with a luggage rack which is what I'm thinking will fit it better.

2009 White Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Clear Signal and Rear Brake Lenses, Side License Plate Mount, and much more to come..
WWW dhtran DavidHaiTran   IP Logged
chunless
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 10/05/09 at 12:50:22

i got the ones above and it fits most everything i need - im also looking at getting sissybar and luggage rack too.

def. fit most books and laptops, though, it really depends on the size of your bags.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 05:44:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › saddlebags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.