Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ultima Solo Seat Mounted (Read 1074 times)
treyes
YaBB Newbies

On a Slippery Slope

Eastern PA
Re: Ultima Solo Seat Mounted
Reply #15 - 09/16/09 at 12:39:19

that looks really good man.  

how comfy is the ride?  I can't stand the stock seat, and I've tried to change the riding position with a set of 10" apes, which helped.  Working on forward controls as well, but I am lovin the look of the solo seat, so if it helps as well, I may go for it.

Thanks

Tom

IP Logged
dmike

Vote Blumpkin

HBG, PA
Reply #16 - 09/16/09 at 13:08:40

Nice bike Simon.  I see why you sold all the stock stuff off.  I know who to go to now when I plan on doing this Smiley

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #17 - 09/16/09 at 13:25:03

Tom - Until I get the seat position sorted out in regards to the height and angle of it... I'm not sure. It rode fine, but that was 4~ blocks between my houses and my parents house where I store it in their garage.

Once I get the height issue sorted out, I'll be able to give you a better idea on how a ride goes with it.

dmike - Yup yup! I've still got some stock parts that I've decided it's probably best to keep "just incase", like the stock muffler. And yeah, I'm just getting started, but if you'd like to see it in person or anything, I'd be glad to ride down that way.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #18 - 11/25/09 at 11:17:42

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 09/15/09 at 19:37:58:
Got the Ultima "high noon" leather seat, 13" wide off EBay for $75 shipped. Had the local shop order me in a universal front mount for it... Which, surprising fits perfectly on the bolts that holds down the gas tank.

http://pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=281...
My Ultima solo seat installed

http://pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=281...

It sits a little high up front... So, I took out the spacers between the seat and the mount which moves it down 1/2", and I may take the spacers off between the front mount and the gas tank to lower it just a little bit more. That, or I'll need to modify the actual mount itself.

http://pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=282...
I have some 3" springs for it... But, I'm not sure if (or when) I'll add them.

http://pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=282...
13" wide, so it's similar to the stocker seat

http://pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=283...

http://pimptiva.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=283...
While I was messing around with the tank bolts, I ended up taking off the top chrome covers of the engine too. It gives it a little more stripped down look. I think I like it, but I'm not 100% sold on that.

Can someone tell me how to remove this bolt now? :-P

First impressions are that it's a decent seat for the price... But I need to get it lower in the front to be comfortable for me. Either by removing the other spacers, or by cutting it down and welding it somewhere else... Or, something.

sweet looking
i've gpt a nine inch/

take a piece of sheet metal to cover up the wiring.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #19 - 11/25/09 at 17:35:40

I mounted mine a hair higher in front, and sprung the rear:

I'll give you a report on the long ride capability in 2011 -- I'm planning on a 4,400 mile scoot.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 11/25/09 at 20:55:23

It needs springs.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
smac414
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Blackfoot, ID
Reply #21 - 12/03/09 at 14:08:17

I'm getting the same seat and was wondering where to get a mounting kit for it, if anyone has any ideas?

IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 12/03/09 at 20:07:15

Paladin. wrote on 11/25/09 at 17:35:40:
I'll give you a report on the long ride capability in 2011 -- I'm planning on a 4,400 mile scoot.

That's what...44 fill ups?

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #23 - 12/04/09 at 09:31:50

At a steady 65-70 mph you get 60+ mpg.  2.5 Gallons is 150+ miles.  Drop that to 50-55 mph and you'll see 70 mpg.   My fuel capacity is 2.93 gallons, exactly.  If I have to I can watch my speed and get  200 miles on a tankful.  I went from Parker AZ to North Palm Springs CA, 153 miles, and only hit reserve about 10 miles from the Pilot Truck Stop, under 2.2 gallons to top up.

Riding the bike on tour I like to know ahead of time that I will have fuel available where and when I want it.  Easy to do with the web.  I'm looking at a few options, one with 140 mile max between fuel stops, for the Stock tank; another with a 240 mile max if I get the spare tank biggering completed.

Last GEEIA trip, '07, started with a pair of 500+ mile days -- Stock Saddle.  Is the reason for the Ultima Solo Seat being mounted.  Feels much better.  For the '11 Reunion  I'm toying with the idea of 750+ miles on each of the first two days.  AFAIK, no one has certified a BB1500 on the Savage.

That's the trouble with the Savage.  You improve it and then you have to go and see how much more you can do because of the improvements.  The seat is just a start.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #24 - 12/04/09 at 09:46:36

smac414 wrote on 12/03/09 at 14:08:17:
I'm getting the same seat and was wondering where to get a mounting kit for it, if anyone has any ideas?

This thread has close-ups of my mounting.  No modification to the bike.  Minimal welding.

WWW   IP Logged
Jack_650

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Minnesota
Reply #25 - 12/04/09 at 10:15:57

I'm sure I get nowhere near the 60+ mpg you get Paladin, but I have done some back-to-back-to-back 650+ mile days sitting on a V-Star variant seat on my 650. It's a longer seat, and I've still got the stock back seat in place so I'm sitting up quite a bit higher than stock which might be a factor in being able to go the distance.

Since I've only ever had a bike for a couple of years there's lots of stuff I don't know about and have never heard of. Excuse the ignorance, but what is a BB 1500? If it's along the lines of what I think it might be, sign me up. My bike wants to go long distances in short (legal-ish) time frames. My two trips to FL and back got me pushing close to 700 miles a day a couple of times, but that was with campgrounds not motels. If I pay for a room I tend to want to stay in it as long as possible to get my money's worth.

Jack

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #26 - 12/04/09 at 13:03:14

Jack_650 wrote on 12/04/09 at 10:15:57:
... what is a BB 1500? If it's along the lines of what I think it might be, sign me up.
http://www.ironbutt.com/about/default.cfm

BunBurner -- 1500 miles in 36 hours, which seems quite doable to me.  750+ miles, snooze for 4-5 hours, another 750+ miles.  It's a little thing, but they verify the rides, it's not just a piece of paper.  I've always been certifiable, it would be nice to be certifed insane.

WWW   IP Logged
Tiefighterpilot

Daily Rider

San Francisco
Reply #27 - 05/23/10 at 21:32:23

Simon-

Very very nice.  This is what I was trying to do.  

Do you happen to have the link to the mounting hardware and seat?

Is there a con to not having a rear fender?

2007 S40, KN Cone Air Filter, BCB Pipe, BCB Fender and seat, Superbrace Fork Brace with guard, 55 Pilot, 155 Main, washer mod, iridium spark plug, no afterfire, some engine breaking noise
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 03:42:28

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ultima Solo Seat Mounted

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.