Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
... Other bike (Read 1442 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: ... Other bike
Reply #60 - 12/30/09 at 13:46:59

my next bike will probably be a Yamaha 950 Tourer, all in one deal with hard bags and ready to go, low maintenance, probably replace my car with it

IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #61 - 12/30/09 at 18:40:48

LostArtist wrote on 12/30/09 at 13:46:59:
my next bike will probably be a Yamaha 950 Tourer, all in one deal with hard bags and ready to go, low maintenance, probably replace my car with it

I looked hard at them also, but opted for the Vstar 1300. Yamaha has the best fit and finish of all the metrics and thousands less than a comparable Harley. IMO

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #62 - 12/30/09 at 21:01:26

Back in July one of my buddies came home with a new Suzuki C50. I thought it was a nice bike but didn't care for the radiator, spoke wheels or the shaft drive. Besides, I've had Savages for 20 years. Well, since my current Savage is in the middle of a makeover & I hate being without a bike long enough to get it done, I started doing some research.
 I knew I wanted air-cooling, mag wheels & a belt drive. And I wanted decent fuel economy at a good price. In other words, basically an updated Savage.
 Nov. 19 I flew to Tennessee & for $7089 I rode away the next morning on a 2009 V-Star 950T. After little more than a month I've put 1800 miles on it while making it mine. I'm very happy with my purchase & would do it again in a heartbeat. Cool

2009 Yamaha V-Star 950T
Pieces I Bought: Medium W/S, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, Grasshopper Backrest, SOR Throttle Lock, Kuryakyn Helmet Lock, Road King Bagger Bars
Pieces I Made: D/P M/C Reservoir Shield, D/P Inspection Sticker Plate, D/P License Plate Frame, Camera Mount, Sherpa Seat Cover with Micro-Beads, W/S Lowers
Little Stuff, Dechromed tank, Horizontal Front Reflectors, Custom Key Case
Purchased 11-19-2009 from Abernathy's Cycle Center, Union City, Tn. Ridden 1200 miles in 2 days.

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #63 - 12/30/09 at 21:45:31

babyhog, i laugh every time she backfires! she doesn't as much after the rejet, more of a growl now.

although, on shutdowns she likes to rifle shot in the cold, and since i come home late EVERYONE knows i'm home  Grin

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #64 - 12/31/09 at 08:44:44

that's a great buy RidgeRunner, and now I'm jealous  Angry

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Reply #65 - 12/31/09 at 15:31:29

that is a great deal, a local shop here has c50's marked down to $5299. i'm very tempted.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #66 - 01/04/10 at 19:34:55

Gideon1986 wrote on 09/15/09 at 18:50:20:
hi guys... long time member... I am in the market for another bike... wondering what are members' other bike, if any.... Wink

Here is a promo shot I had taken of one of my other bikes a while ago:

It is a 2001 Honda ST1100.  I use it for long solo trips.  Of all the bikes I've owned in over 300,000 miles of riding, it is my all-time favorite.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #67 - 01/05/10 at 06:41:13

Just looking at the "lay of the land" Im kinda surprised to see a wheelchock. Ida thot 1st gear & rear wheel low would do it. Lemmee guess, NASA requires the chock?

Now I have an idea what you meant by Business TRip. Id never clicked on your link before. Hekkuva DEAL, Mr Digger Sir..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #68 - 01/06/10 at 21:27:06

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/05/10 at 06:41:13:
Just looking at the "lay of the land" Im kinda surprised to see a wheelchock. Ida thot 1st gear & rear wheel low would do it. Lemmee guess, NASA requires the chock?....

Actually, the photog was making me do crazy stuff and I was afraid the bike would roll (it was on an incline).

And, NO, you can't see those other photos!   Shocked

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #69 - 01/06/10 at 21:29:59

Gideon1986 wrote on 09/15/09 at 18:50:20:
hi guys... long time member... I am in the market for another bike... wondering what are members' other bike, if any.... Wink

Here's another one of our bikes:

Actually, SWMBO puts the most miles on this one.

Digger
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #70 - 01/06/10 at 21:32:24

SWMBO

Sexy women make buddies obsolete?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #71 - 01/06/10 at 21:45:54

I have several ...
I got old school - xs 650, GR650, and a XS1100 in various states of "waiting for the genius to strike" ...
Some of the small sport bike genre ... 5-6 GS500's ... have had 17 of the little buzzards ... compared to 6 savages.
Also have Virago 1100, 700 X maxim, eli 1000, GSXR1100 and SV1K.

Savage is fun still.

My all time favorite though has been an 84-86 air cooled maxim. IMHO least flaws of any bike made.
XS'es are close but stock they vibrate like mad. GR's are cool but that disengaging starter clutch at 5K can be a bit disconcerting.

GSXR's are top heavy, SV - well who wants a new bike, eli 1000 - great bike but hard to work on - though compared to the other muscle cruisers of the era its the easiest, the rest all were V 4's, GS 500 are cool but tires and chain get $$$ ... virago is well ... electronically a nightmare.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #72 - 01/07/10 at 11:08:50

Amen on the Virago electronics -- there are a lot of other older bikes that don't "age out and die" electrically, but Viragos were of that advanced first wave of all electronic bikes back when they really didn't have the state of the art worked out all that well.   The potting compounds etc in the electronics get old and die on you and there are no replacement parts ....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
wingsout
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Lockport NY
Reply #73 - 01/07/10 at 15:04:09

I had a Kaw Nomad. It was a nice big, comfortable, touring bike. Would cruise at 80 with one hand, very stable. I wish I hadn't sold it. :'(

IP Logged
alcoa

never let the
bastards wear you
down

Reply #74 - 01/09/10 at 12:05:19

THEY MAKE OTHER BIKES! WHY?

most problems are caused by the loose nut that conects the handelbars to the seat
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 22:22:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › ... Other bike

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.