Send Topic Print
Piston rings (Read 450 times)
mikestrikes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Decatur, AL
Re: Piston rings
Reply #30 - 09/16/09 at 08:38:53

What I am say'n is if you take it out and do a dealer type break in it will take a lot longer and never really be done right.

But if you get it up to temp, and set out not to move the piston up and down, but in a short time force the rings against the walls by going full throttle in 3rd gear from a low rpm, over and over it wont take very long at all.
NO.... it wont all happen in 5 min.... but the most important of it will be done. The first few miles is so very important, believe me or not ?

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 09/16/09 at 09:59:31

Sorry. I really wasnt trying to be rude I just couldnt word it in any way that didn't sound rude. Im just sketchy since I've never had to do it before and dont want to screw up. I have a knack for doing that.

Im assuming it doesn't necessarily have to be done in 3rd? It sounds like my neighborhood would really be the only place I could do that without falling into general traffic, which i wouldnt want to do while trying this, and/or attracting the attention of authorities. Unfortunatly, by the time I get to 3rd i wouldnt have time to WOT it before the stop signs.

IP Logged
mikestrikes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Decatur, AL
Reply #32 - 09/16/09 at 10:25:34

Quote:
Unfortunatly, by the time I get to 3rd i wouldnt have time to WOT it before the stop signs.  

You dont need to get going fast, just 1st 2nd then 3rd all in a short time and then nail it.... this can be done in a big parking lot even...

And its ok to tell me I'm crazy, most of the time I am, and not many people believe me when I say things like this as its just not what they have been taught.. plus what do I know... my whole motor is in a cat litter tub fully apart... Tongue

Just what ever you do change the oil and change it again until it comes out clean.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 22:26:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Piston rings

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.