Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Pics of new Corbin Seat (Read 1122 times)
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Pics of new Corbin Seat
09/11/09 at 11:36:58

Well, the Corbin seat arrived, and I now have it on the bike.  I have posted pictures below.  First a few comments.  The materials and workmanship are up to the usual Corbin standard, which is very high. Also, I was concerned that the seat might interfere with the operation of the side cases.  As can be seen from the pics, there is absolutely no problem.

There are two concerns that I have about the seat.  First, as you can see from the picture of the bottom of the seat, the passenger seat is not connected to the fender.  It simply rides on rubber bumpers.  I am not happy with this.

My second concern is the the steep back on the seat effectively shortens the seating area.  Since I have a rather larger rear end, I am afraid that it may push be too far forward.

Finally, all that I have to do now is get a few hundred miles on the seat and then I will report back. (Corbins do take some break in to get really comfortable, but it should be way better than the stock seat right out of the box.)  Oh yes, I almost forgot, I had to remove the lift that I had on the front of the stock seat to install the Corbin.

Here are the pics.

The seat out of the box

The bottom of the seat

The seat mounted with the side cases.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: Pics of new Corbin Seat
Reply #1 - 09/11/09 at 12:02:48

Very nice looking seat there... That probably would've been my option had I not bobbed it. Smiley

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
PaulB
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 09/11/09 at 12:12:48

Whoa...I have been surfing the Corbin and Mustang web sites every week for the last 6 months hoping that one of them would make a seat for my 07, and never saw one listed. Is yours a one-off preproduction sample, or is Corbin now making seats for the S40 as a matter of routine? I am the guy who just bought a Buttybuddy, wish I had known about Corbin also if they now make seats for the S40

thanks,

paul

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 09/11/09 at 12:13:43

gerald.hughes wrote on 09/11/09 at 11:36:58:
Well, the Corbin seat arrived, and I now have it on the bike.  I have posted pictures below.  First a few comments.  The materials and workmanship are up to the usual Corbin standard, which is very high. Also, I was concerned that the seat might interfere with the operation of the side cases.  As can be seen from the pics, there is absolutely no problem.

There are two concerns that I have about the seat.  First, as you can see from the picture of the bottom of the seat, the passenger seat is not connected to the fender.  It simply rides on rubber bumpers.  I am not happy with this.

My second concern is the the steep back on the seat effectively shortens the seating area.  Since I have a rather larger rear end, I am afraid that it may push be too far forward.

Finally, all that I have to do now is get a few hundred miles on the seat and then I will report back. (Corbins do take some break in to get really comfortable, but it should be way better than the stock seat right out of the box.)  Oh yes, I almost forgot, I had to remove the lift that I had on the front of the stock seat to install the Corbin.

Here are the pics.

The seat out of the box

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/gerald_hughes/CorbinLeft.jpg

The bottom of the seat

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/gerald_hughes/SeatBottom.jpg

The seat mounted with the side cases.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp223/gerald_hughes/SeatandBags.jpg

Can you measure and tell me how wide is the seat. It looks real good.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #4 - 09/11/09 at 12:16:14

Dang, that looks awesome!  I'm envious!  
Is there no way to attach something to the bottom of the seat's passenger area to attach it to the bike?

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Reply #5 - 09/11/09 at 12:51:53

PaulB wrote on 09/11/09 at 12:12:48:
Whoa...I have been surfing the Corbin and Mustang web sites every week for the last 6 months hoping that one of them would make a seat for my 07, and never saw one listed. Is yours a one-off preproduction sample, or is Corbin now making seats for the S40 as a matter of routine? I am the guy who just bought a Buttybuddy, wish I had known about Corbin also if they now make seats for the S40

thanks,

paul

Right on Corbins site. Smiley http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/ss40.shtml

07 S40
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #6 - 09/11/09 at 14:44:10

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 09/11/09 at 12:02:48:
Very nice looking seat there... That probably would've been my option had I not bobbed it. Smiley

Email Corbin and tell them that you have a bobbed Savage and would love to have one of their seats, but that it would have to be a solo.  If they get enough email, they will do it.

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #7 - 09/11/09 at 14:48:14

PaulB wrote on 09/11/09 at 12:12:48:

thanks,

paul

It is a standard product now, thanks to one of the members of this site who loaned Corbin the use of their bikes to develop the seat.  Go to their website and check it out.

http://www.corbin.com/suzuki/ss40.shtml

IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #8 - 09/11/09 at 14:49:57

babyhog wrote on 09/11/09 at 12:16:14:
Is there no way to attach something to the bottom of the seat's passenger area to attach it to the bike?    

I am sure that there is, but I am not sure that it is needed.  The seat pan is very stiff, and there are rubber bumpers.  I rode around for a while this afternoon, and kept checking the back, and it wasn't moving around.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #9 - 09/11/09 at 15:01:44

gerald.hughes wrote on 09/11/09 at 14:49:57:
babyhog wrote on 09/11/09 at 12:16:14:

I am sure that there is, but I am not sure that it is needed.  The seat pan is very stiff, and there are rubber bumpers.  I rode around for a while this afternoon, and kept checking the back, and it wasn't moving around.

I think they need to add a strap for those that hang on with their hand and not their cheeks.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #10 - 09/11/09 at 15:45:12

I want to know how wide the seat is also!

Can you measure for us people that like a wider seat Wink

And ....does it feel odd with sitting closer to the front of the seat or feel like you have less seat room when riding?
Does the seat front feel lifted enough,like the way we do ours?

Sorry,I'm full of questions!

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
gerald.hughes
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

FSO

Tucson, Az
Reply #11 - 09/11/09 at 16:15:23

Freespirit,

I believe that the seat may be a half and inch narrower than the stock seat, but it feels like it provides a lot more support.  I think that may be because it is basically flat, whereas the stock seat is rounded, and you really don't get any support on the rounded part.

I lowered my mount back down to put the seat on, and I don't feel the need to raise it again. That may be due to the shape of the seat itself.

The seat doesn't feel odd exactly, it is just that with my very large butt, it does push me farther up the tank, but remember, I am 5'6" tall, and weigh over 300 pounds.  My experience with the seat is going to be very different from that of most people.

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #12 - 09/11/09 at 16:38:10

Thanks Gerald for all the good info!

I may just keep fooling with my other seat and even try some different things on it,see how it does before I decide what to do.

I dont have the money right now for the corbin anyway.Maybe in the future though!
So The info is good to know! (I'll be saving this Topic Smiley

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 09/11/09 at 16:44:53

FreeSpirit maybe when Marine 5317 gets his Corbin seat he can measure it and tell us how wide it is,

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #14 - 09/11/09 at 17:10:31

Yeah,the exact width size would be good to know.

I like the small backrest on it...or the rise in the back.

It does look good also,overall.

I just hate things that you have to buy and cant try out first...even sit on it...LOL.
Maybe you can return it if you dont like it Undecided
I'll have to look into that.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 17:16:58

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Pics of new Corbin Seat

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.