Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
DIY Motorcycle luggage on the cheap! (Read 506 times)
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Re: DIY Motorcycle luggage on the cheap!
Reply #15 - 09/14/09 at 07:02:41

Kel30734..Sweet set up, man! If I get around to fabbin' one of these out, I'll hit you up for some specs if that's OK. The only thing I'll probably do differently is drill some holes in the edges for some bungy cord/tie down strap hooks to latch to...other than that, that thing is good to go! Looks cool, too...

AlfromNH...like the cooler doubling as a backrest  Wink...this mod I can do in time for my fall ride in October...

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
dhtran
YaBB Newbies

If you see this, I
should be studying..

Houston, TX
Reply #16 - 10/02/09 at 20:10:33

I would like to add this to my bike as well. Where did everyone buy their sissy bar from and which one did you get?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/category.cfm?model_ID=103&category_ID=12&sb...

My plan is the same as the OP and take off the pad. I ride to school with a bunch of heavy books that I put in a backpack.

I'm thinking that my laptop bag (w/ maybe 2 or 3 textbooks in there) won't fit in a saddlebag which I'm planning on buying as well.

2009 White Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Clear Signal and Rear Brake Lenses, Side License Plate Mount, and much more to come..
WWW dhtran DavidHaiTran   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #17 - 10/03/09 at 00:10:30

I needed an easy way to carry a week's worth of clothing:

Thread ... I like the grab and go capability:  (Large slow loading .MOV file)

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #18 - 10/03/09 at 04:37:21

A fine solution there Paladin. Being able to grab your luggage & go in the house makes it nice. You could go to the store & haul it all in the house in one trip.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #19 - 10/03/09 at 07:49:20

Hmmm....  Get one of these to fit the bracket to:

WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #20 - 10/04/09 at 03:21:58

Paladin. wrote on 10/03/09 at 07:49:20:

Or just drag it behind the bike! Wink  I wonder if those wheels would handle 65 mph? Cheesy

And no I'm not serious folks, that's just as funny as I can get at 3:21 am. Tongue

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #21 - 10/04/09 at 08:01:26

You shouldn't joke around here....   Max speed to/from the two nearest supermarkets is 35, distances are .7 miles and 1.1 miles.  Would I need a trailer license and lights for it?  Maybe just a regular shopping cart, some 20" bike wheels rear, rig a front hitch to the sissy bar?

WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #22 - 10/05/09 at 01:28:52

Paladin. wrote on 10/04/09 at 08:01:26:
You shouldn't joke around here....   Max speed to/from the two nearest supermarkets is 35, distances are .7 miles and 1.1 miles.  Would I need a trailer license and lights for it?  Maybe just a regular shopping cart, some 20" bike wheels rear, rig a front hitch to the sissy bar?

Grin  I'd go with something stouter than bicycle wheels (if that's the kinda bike you meant).  An unloaded shopping cart is a fair amount of weight on it's own.  For the same reason, I suspect a hitch point as high as the sissy bar would throw your balance way out of whack, especially on cornering.  A shopping cart as a frame is actually not that bad though.  I've heard of people chopping them down to the frame and making them into engine stands. Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I don't condone stealing shopping carts to make trailers, engine stands, go karts, or whatever else your creative minds can come up with; 'cause stealing is wrong boys and girls! Angry

That being said, I applaud people with ingenuity.  By the way, awesome idea and execution with the suitcase Paladin. Smiley  Forgot to mention that before.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 12:47:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › DIY Motorcycle luggage on the cheap!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.