Muffler question (Read 269 times)
Ruddy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spokane, WA
Re: Muffler question
Reply #15 - 09/12/09 at 14:37:02

Any suggestions about making the stock muffler sound better? My wife likes the looks of the one on her '06 S40, but she wishes it sounded more like a real motorcycle. I was thinking about drilling a couple of holes in the baffle with a 12" drill bit. Has anyone tried this? Thanks.

Rick
'06 S40
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #16 - 09/12/09 at 14:49:23

I did that you lose a little torque and gain a little on high end,It a little louder but doesn't really sound that good.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #17 - 09/12/09 at 15:02:24

There is a modification that you can do to the stock muffler that is interesting. If you google "Hartman muffler mod" it will take you to the sites. There is one video so you can hear it and at least one with good pics and instructions.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
JustPassinThru
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/14/09 at 22:20:44

Ruddy wrote on 09/12/09 at 14:37:02:
Any suggestions about making the stock muffler sound better? My wife likes the looks of the one on her '06 S40, but she wishes it sounded more like a real motorcycle. I was thinking about drilling a couple of holes in the baffle with a 12" drill bit. Has anyone tried this? Thanks.

You wanna be careful with that.  The previous owner of my S40 did that; the sound he got is that of a Briggs & Stratton lawn-tractor engine with a rotted-out can.

Not very nice at all.  I haven't changed it yet, mostly because I like the styling of the stock unit and don't want to put Appalachian engineering on the thing just yet.  I like the idea of a Sportster muffler, but the conversions I've seen, for the mounting bracket, look positively backyard...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 23:36:35

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Muffler question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.