Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Suzuki Boulevard S40 Saddlebag Kit Install? (Read 206 times)
seany187
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Suzuki Boulevard S40 Saddlebag Kit Install?
09/09/09 at 11:50:02

I just ordered a the Saddle Bag kit for my Suzuki Boulevard S40 and Saddle bags. I was able to install the windshield relatively easily. I was wondering if the Saddle Bag kit is just as hard, easier? Do I need any special tools? I bought this one:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/cycles/Products/Boulevard%20S40/2...

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Re: Suzuki Boulevard S40 Saddlebag Kit Install?
Reply #1 - 09/09/09 at 11:59:08

You'll need a 10 (and maybe 12) mm wrenches... The right side is a little harder to do with the bike sitting on the ground, but as long as you don't have super huge hands/arms, you'll be able to do it.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 09/09/09 at 13:48:50

Patience brother. If you got big hands get a buddy with smaller ones. Do the left side first it instills confidence.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/09/09 at 15:07:47

seany187 wrote on 09/09/09 at 11:50:02:
I just ordered a the Saddle Bag kit for my Suzuki Boulevard S40 and Saddle bags. I was able to install the windshield relatively easily. I was wondering if the Saddle Bag kit is just as hard, easier? Do I need any special tools? I bought this one:
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/cycles/Products/Boulevard%20S40/2...

you got ripped off. seviersavage sells the bracket for about 20$ He makes them himself and quite well I might add.

IP Logged
seany187
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/14/09 at 10:18:07

Why didn't you tell me sooner! sheesh! anyhow.. I got the saddle bag bracket installed, having big hands was a problem but was able to work through. Figuring how where to put the saddle bags was another problem, the pictures show on top of the seat but that doesn't make sense, so I unscrewed the back and slid it in as far as I could go making sure not to unplug any of the connectors.

IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #5 - 09/14/09 at 10:29:44

Over top makes sense if you've got someone sitting there or you plan on taking them on and off a lot.

Hopefully you went with a different set of bags vs the stock Suzuki ones. Those are so tiny, you'll have problems trying to carry ANYTHING in them...

I ran River Road Medium Slants and they worked really well.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
wrenchhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

MD
Reply #6 - 09/14/09 at 11:47:45

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 09/14/09 at 10:29:44:
Over top makes sense if you've got someone sitting there or you plan on taking them on and off a lot.

Hopefully you went with a different set of bags vs the stock Suzuki ones. Those are so tiny, you'll have problems trying to carry ANYTHING in them...

I ran River Road Medium Slants and they worked really well.

I went with over the top, works for me; and yes the the stock Suzuki bags are small, I've been looking to upgrade ever since.

"When we remember we are all mad,
the mysteries disappear and life stands explained."
Mark Twain

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - 09/14/09 at 11:56:30

With the seat off, I laid my bags over the rear fender and rectifier. I adjusted the bags the way I wanted them to sit, height,etc. (make sure the bike sits level), and then with a piece of chalk I traced the outline of the rectifier onto the leather piece that joins the two bags (the yoke). Took the whole affair to the local shoemaker who double stitched around my chalk outline and then he cut the leather piece out that laid over the rectifier. Dropped the bags back on the rear fender and the fit was perfect.  

My bags are medium slant as well but made by a company called 'Xelement'?

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 15:28:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suzuki Boulevard S40 Saddlebag Kit Install?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.