Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
That 7º angled adapter... (Read 95 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
That 7º angled adapter...
09/08/09 at 05:09:09

Hi all,

I've been succeffsully running the Sportster muffler for some time now and the sound isn't too bad (some say the Raask is even better!)
BUT
it's short and stubby and at the end of the day the rear brake cable etc. are all black from soot (I'm probably jetted a bit too rich for other reasons)

So... I remember that piece of advice, fitting a short adapter between the header and the muffler, angled about 7º...
I found a 10" long, 1 3/4" ID flexible exhaust adapter at Advanced Auto Parts for about $20, would it do the trick?
OR
Given the weight of the thing (and having to fly it back home, possibly excess weight... and smuggle it through Customs etc...)
would I be better off with a custom made Raask ?  Roll Eyes

Maurizio in a VERY rainy Norfolk, Va.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
prechermike
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Kalashna Kitty, from
Skat

Ponzer, NC
Re: That 7º angled adapter...
Reply #1 - 09/08/09 at 05:27:02

When I put my dyna muffler on I had the guy at the muffler shop make me an adaptor.  He got a pipe out of the junk barrel, bent it and welded it to the header.  I could have gotten as long a piece as I wanted, I am sure.

I do not know, but I am sure there is a place in Italy that can do the same thing.  Figure out how much longer you want the pipe to be and make one.  I think I gave the guy $5.

2006, HD pipe, Tkat fork brace, elkhide handgrips, gel seat w/riser, silverblue, Ed L's forward controls, Wristwatch, biblethumper650@gmail.com
prechermike   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #2 - 09/08/09 at 05:29:09

I agree - it should be something that any shop that will custom bend an exhaust should be able to do for $5 or $10...

I paid $40 for my full pipe (diamond jim knock-off) and that was having the guy weld in the mounts and baffle too.

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #3 - 09/08/09 at 05:30:15

prechermike wrote on 09/08/09 at 05:27:02:
When I put my dyna muffler on I had the guy at the muffler shop make me an adaptor.  He got a pipe out of the junk barrel, bent it and welded it to the header.  I could have gotten as long a piece as I wanted, I am sure.

I do not know, but I am sure there is a place in Italy that can do the same thing.  Figure out how much longer you want the pipe to be and make one.  I think I gave the guy $5.

I did the same thing, cost about $15 I think... more than the salvage yard muffler! Grin  I took the header and pipe along too, so he could shrink/expand the adapter to fit each like a glove. Wink

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 07:24:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › That 7º angled adapter...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.