Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Savage Owner needs help (Read 99 times)
boofer
Ex Member

Savage Owner needs help
09/06/09 at 21:08:24

You guys and gals should be proud of this forum. I went over to the darkside (not tires) yesterday and bought daughter a 4 wheeler. 99 TRX 300 Honda 4x2. I hate 4 wheelers, but want her to learn to drive before she gets a car. We have 13 acres in country. Borrowed friend's truck and ramps cause he has all the 4 wh stuff. I filled up truck to be nice. $46. Plus oil was so bad I bought Rotella T and carquest filter. $17. $63 and I'm not even home yet.

Anyway oil seeping from top of head. Can't see with tank on, so I changed it and let her ride. Went online and can't find jack about 4wh. No good forums. Had to go to exploded view on Babbit's just to see which way filter installs. (It is different from old one, with holes in both ends.) Oil probably coming from valve inspection plates. Cereal box gasket material and Permatex will most likely fix. I AM NOT CHEAP--I AM BROKE!. Need good forum so I can do my own wrenching. Anybody out there a closet ATV lover?  

Are there any 4wh forums half as good as this one?  Thanks guys and gals,   Boofer

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Savage Owner needs help
Reply #1 - 09/06/09 at 22:31:14

http://www.atvfan.com/atv_forums/

Are there any 4wh forums half as good as this one?

Not even close, but, if, I said IF you are persistent, you MAY get the answer you need.
By persistent, I mean like a one legged man learning to rollerskate,, PERsistent.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
boofer
Ex Member

Re: Savage Owner needs help
Reply #2 - 09/07/09 at 12:35:09

justin o guy2,
Thanks so much for the lead. I will hit the site and track all the side tracks until I am victorious. Of course the Clymer guide will help, too. Need to get one.

You folks are good eggs.   Boofer

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 23:42:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage Owner needs help

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.