Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
replacement keys? (Read 289 times)
tcreeley

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: replacement keys?
Reply #15 - 09/06/09 at 18:12:24

Re keys- when I bought my 1987 LS600 it came with a , broken key that was ready to go. But it had a number on it. I did a web search and tracked down a guy in CA I think who could use the number to make up a couple of keys. To get the right one I had to match the style key online with the blank. Then when I ordered it, I had to call him on the phone. He was straightforward. He could also make a key for the steering lock. The number is on the cylinder face under the pivoting cover plate. It cost me 30 dollars for two ignition keys, but at least I have them and didn't have to juryrig another switch. My computer died this summer so I lost all of my book marks- the key one too. I used google to search with.

Good uck
TC

tcreeley

it is what it is
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 09/06/09 at 18:31:20

for the ignition/gascap key Id go with the majority and suggest a locksmith. And Boofer described the entire transaction pretty much to a tee. Scary actually. The cats name was Ralph. If that isnt an option blank suzuki sets can be had on ebay for a pair and that set may come with a blank for the fork lock to.

On a side note, though this is a rarely stolen vehicle Im willing to bet when it IS stolen its by a kid taking a joyride. That being the case I feel this forklock would give enough deterence to a bored kid as opposed to someone who steals vehicles for an income. If you cant swing a new fork lock key get a disc lock or something. Having been a teenager recently I assure you they're ballsy but not usually super determined.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 09/06/09 at 19:15:21

balsy enough to cut all the wires hanging freely out of the ig switch and splice them all together?

WWW   IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 09/06/09 at 19:53:22

AND give the bars a hefty kick it would take to bust the lock? For a joyride? I doubt it. Around here they'd just wait for someone at the gas station to leave the car running outside.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 09/06/09 at 22:34:51

More than one has come to a halt & crashed because of a lock on the front wheel. You gotta have s system, some way thjat youll always remember,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 03:20:55

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › replacement keys?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.