Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
clutch question (Read 143 times)
Simon
YaBB Newbies

Bensalem Pa
clutch question
09/01/09 at 14:58:05

ok so i was installing new clutch plates and springs and during reassembly i snapped my clutch push plate (the plate with the 4 springs under it)  So heres the question the one corner snapped off while I was tightening it all down.
heres how it looks..

now my question is do i NEED to replace it.  Roar to the shore is comming up and I dont think the part will be here in time if I order it.
To me it seems like it may work since the spring is still compressed and its not like the plate spins.  Please let me know if you think it would work.  Or if there are any temp repairs i could do.  I was thinking of cutting some sheetmetal the same size as the plate and drilling the hole and slipping it under the bolts to sort of hold it.  Was also thinkin about jb weld.. I know I know tisk tisk.. but I really want the bike for the shore

btw Ive been promising pix of the bike so here a few.  When I got the bike it was trashed.. and a home purple paint job..

before

after

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: clutch question
Reply #1 - 09/01/09 at 17:53:53

What kind of a seat do you have?

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Simon
YaBB Newbies

Bensalem Pa
Reply #2 - 09/01/09 at 21:50:19

sportster seat

IP Logged
Simon
YaBB Newbies

Bensalem Pa
Reply #3 - 09/01/09 at 21:51:33

just ordered a new pressure plate, but I am still curious if there are any quick fixes?

IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #4 - 09/02/09 at 08:10:36

Nobody wants to be responsible for giving advice which may not work.  Best advice is replace it.  You might find a salvage one cheaper though.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 09/02/09 at 09:41:13

I'm betting riding it busted like that would be a bad idea. Not certain, Id need it in front of me, looking at it & messing with it to be able to think I was on it correctly. If it didnt need to be a single piece, Id bet they would have built it different.
Could you cobble it together to make a few days riding? I dont know your skill level, materials on hand or even the possibility. I sure hope you make your trip.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #6 - 09/03/09 at 07:21:22

Do you know why it broke ? If not, I would wonder about breaking a new one ! You can almost bet it didn't just break from age, .....unless of course they have a history ?

Rich

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Simon
YaBB Newbies

Bensalem Pa
Reply #7 - 09/03/09 at 22:41:41

honestly.. i think i put a little too much elbow greece in it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 01:27:12

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › clutch question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.