Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for an appraisal? (Read 89 times)
JeremySW
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Looking for an appraisal?
08/31/09 at 18:08:51

Hey guys so I've made a few posts on here.

Basically got my motorcycle license in the spring(after taking the MSF course). Decided I wanted to wait until the fall to pick up a bike so I could...

A. Hopefully get a better deal
B. Make SURE a Savage is what I wanted, and it wasn't just an impulse.

So anyway pretty soon there will be a chill in the air, so I'm scanning the market. I'm going to buy used because I want to turn it into a bobber-style , bare-bones bike.

What would you guys think is a reasonable price for a "well maintained" 2005 w/  3500 mi.  It has been turned into a bit of a bobber but is being sold with all the original parts that have been taken off.

I'm thinking 2300ish? I know its pretty subjective and people can find great deals depending on luck.

Thanks

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Re: Looking for an appraisal?
Reply #1 - 08/31/09 at 18:20:07

All I can say is offer less. You can always go up, but you can't reduce.

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
Savage Eddie

Custom Bob's ROCK!

40 miles west of Chicago
Reply #2 - 08/31/09 at 22:19:04

dont tell the sales guy you want to bob it, tell him you want to put it back together and use the "well its gonna cost a lot to bring this bike back to normal" routine.... offer him 1500, walk away if he says no!

retail on that year is $2810 (kelly blue book), the bike is modified and from a dealer....that blows the re-sale value right down the tubes. i may even start at a grand and see where it goes..

good luck and let us know how it goes!

IP Logged
boofer
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 08/31/09 at 22:27:27

Jeremy, It depends a lot on where you live. Here in North Mississippi $2200 meant $1850 delivered 70 miles to me. Was having too much back pain to ride it home. I hate to haggle. Rode the bike, told him I wanted it, and what was the least he would take right then and there. Just remember, if you miss a deal today, another will come along tomorrow. BTW 2001, 7400 miles small dent in tank top. And yes, offer less.  Boofer

IP Logged
JeremySW
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 09/01/09 at 01:38:55

Private seller/ craigslist is basically what I'm looking at. Mid -Atlantic area.

Interesting to know the KBB value, I'll use that as a bargaining tool for sure. Thanks for the info.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:17:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Looking for an appraisal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.