Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about Exhaust Pipe (Blue-Job) (Read 332 times)
juang
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Los Angeles, CA
Question about Exhaust Pipe (Blue-Job)
08/31/09 at 14:03:25

First of all, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section.  

I got a 98' Savage, but when I got it the exhaust pipe was brown and blue.  I tried to use one of the chrome polishers you get at the Autozone, and it worked wonders for the rest of the chrome, but it really didn't do much for the exhaust pipe.  Well, it kind of did, because now it is still blue and brown, but it shines.

I looked in the internet and I found this product, but it sounds too good to be true.  I was just wondering if anyone here has experience with this.

Here is the link for the product and below are some pics of my brown and blue exhaust pipe.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Blue-Job Homepage: www.blue-job.com/

Las Motos
El Rock n Roll
Cuero Tachuelas
Y Alcohol

Keep me from getting a real job by reading my blog and clicking the ads on it...please

http://thisstrangelongjourney.blogspot.com/
  IP Logged
sakara
2005 No Login

Thumpalicious

Lockport, NY
Re: Question about Exhaust Pipe (Blue-Job)
Reply #1 - 09/01/09 at 06:59:54

I use blue job and blue away. Blue Away works decently, but a lot of elbow grease is needed. Blue-Job works great.

Alliance Member

'86 Thumper bobber rat project.
sakara   IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #2 - 09/01/09 at 08:59:07

juang- if you buy the product post some AFTER pics. I've used so many 'guaranteed' blue away cleaners I ain't buying anymore until I see real world results.

PS - this should have been posted in Rubber Side Down.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
vtail

life's short, ride
fast

Portland,OR
Reply #3 - 09/01/09 at 16:04:46

My header at 12000 miles is like new, no blue-ing. ( rejetted+white spacer removed. spark plug= medium brown) but solved the blue-ing on my Mac pipe with Harley heatshields.

'07, White spacer REMOVED, 152,5 main jet, K&N drop-in filter, Mac exh, Sigma 906, ENM PT15B2 tach, factory s bags, shield, backrest/lug rack, crashbar, Kuryakyn 7980 ext hwy pegs,412-4233C+'09 C50T
  IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #4 - 09/02/09 at 11:04:35

i used a product called "blu away". It did get the blue out but seemed to put micro scratches in the chrome, leading to rust. Wirewheeled everything and now it is high temp black. Prefer the black look.

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #5 - 09/02/09 at 18:03:48

Mr. Hyde wrote on 09/01/09 at 08:59:07:
juang- if you buy the product post some AFTER pics. I've used so many 'guaranteed' blue away cleaners I ain't buying anymore until I see real world results.

Mr. Hyde,

If you apply Blue-Job liberally to your exhaust, let it sit for 10 min. or so, then use some serious elbow grease (I recommend a good buffing pad and drill  Wink) It will work.

Here's my B4 and after...

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 09/04/09 at 23:45:45

Once you get rid of the bluing and get it polished up real nice crack open your carb and make sure you've been rejetted for that Jardine so the bluing doesnt start all over again.

PS - if THAT muffler isnt loud enough for you as is go ahead and remove the baffle. Then go ride up next to a semi and cut the throttle once you get up to the cab. See what happens  Wink Cheesy Grin Shocked Cool . You will never worry about passing a semi again.

IP Logged
Mr. Hyde
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reply #7 - 09/05/09 at 06:22:28

False Illusion - hey buddy, thanks for that. The 'before' is what my pipe looks like now. I'll give it a shot.

FREE RIDER - Whatever blows your hair back.
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #8 - 09/05/09 at 18:33:07

Glad to help, Mr. Hyde...Have a great weekend my friend.

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
GrateFuLDad

Boiling Springs,SC
Reply #9 - 09/06/09 at 21:58:10

is it true that a blue pipe means running lean? my pipe is starting to blue pretty good coming outta the head.... and well it concerns me... I gotta check the carb again... I used a lancer kit on it but until i get a new mixture screw i wont be able to set it right...  Thanks for the info yall ...

Hang up that cell phone and let us that Ride LiVE....~!~

standingbearz   IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #10 - 09/23/09 at 20:40:20

Yup, Using Blue Away is only a temp fix. If you don't rejet your cab., that bluish color will come in no time Shocked

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #11 - 09/24/09 at 04:09:29

^  +1   ^

IP Logged
juang
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Los Angeles, CA
Reply #12 - 12/26/09 at 12:50:14

Ok.  Here are finally the "after" pictures of the blue job thing.   I will stick to it in the future.  It has been about 4 months since I cleaned the pipe and it doesn't seem to be getting brown at all.  

Las Motos
El Rock n Roll
Cuero Tachuelas
Y Alcohol

Keep me from getting a real job by reading my blog and clicking the ads on it...please

http://thisstrangelongjourney.blogspot.com/
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:23:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Question about Exhaust Pipe (Blue-Job)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.