Send Topic Print
winter storage (Read 242 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: winter storage
Reply #15 - 08/31/09 at 11:58:08

A discharged battery will freeze easily.  A fully charged lead-acid battery freezes at -65°F.

I did not know that.

Tires...good idea to inflate to the max shown on the sidewalls for storage, then air down to the usual pressure before riding.

Hadnt even thot of that. Just makes sense

A dirty windshield fogs up easier than a clean one.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #16 - 08/31/09 at 12:16:56

My girl friend told me that once,So I cut her off so she would grow fonder of me

Bill67:

Abstenance makes the tart go younder

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #17 - 08/31/09 at 13:10:04

My exspeience is a lady never goes without except by choice.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
rl153
Serious Thumper

S40 Just right!

Bloomfield,CT
Reply #18 - 09/01/09 at 10:21:06

A non-automatic trickle charger in the same range connected one day a month works--if connected longer it'll boil out too much water.

This is the kind of charger I have .About how many hours every month should I charge the battery in the winter ? Thanks

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #19 - 12/03/09 at 21:37:01

rl153 wrote on 09/01/09 at 10:21:06:
A non-automatic trickle charger in the same range connected one day a month works--if connected longer it'll boil out too much water.

This is the kind of charger I have .About how many hours every month should I charge the battery in the winter ? Thanks

I, too, use "dumb" chargers for four of my five bikes (my Savage (see signature), being the "daily rider," gets the "smart" charger).  I have them connected to a common timer that comes on for 40 minutes every night.  The whole "charging station" is mounted to the ceiling in my garage.

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #20 - 12/04/09 at 04:29:49

I keep my battery on a ledge in the laundry room during winter ... hooked to a small solar panel type charger that hangs in the window. This is a low-amperage charger that is capable of keeping the batt topped up without over-charging ... cost 10 bucks on sale at a local auto supply store and works great! I even keep the quick disconnect pig-tails connected to the battery when it is in the Bike and connect to the solar panel hung in the shed window during season ... just disconnect to Ride and yet to have a flat battery!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:19:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › winter storage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.