Send Topic Print
Rotella motor oil (Read 1393 times)
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Re: Rotella motor oil
Reply #75 - 09/05/09 at 21:51:00

Baby hog....I enjoy learning all MC stuff also.

And if you'd seen the Harley I saw the other day that was smaller than my Savage....you could tell the guys next time they say your savage is a babyhog,that its just a bigger Harley Panhead.
(They have to be smaller,or my eyes are lying to me one...LOL)

I'm kind of confused also and have no idea what kind of oil is best Roll Eyes
But...I do know everyone thinks differently about it Wink

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #76 - 09/05/09 at 22:04:48

i seriously love oil wars. It's like arguing who would win in a fight, batman or spiderman. Hilarious.

IP Logged
boofer
Ex Member

Reply #77 - 09/05/09 at 22:53:48

BurnPgh,
Batman would win over Spiderman any day. Why? He uses a secret Rotella, Klotz, Castrol, blend of oil in the Batcycle. He keeps a case in the sidecar which really gets Robin upset. "Holy slick slippers, Batman".
Boofer

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #78 - 09/05/09 at 23:57:17

And when the rotella tainted oil causes the engine to blow up spidey will swing on by on his webs the way the good lord intended. And give Batman a kick in the head as he goes by. Batman will sink into a horrid depression as he has been bested by Spiderman. Bruce Wayne will squander his billions on lots of expensive booze, hookers, and blow eventually ending up a lowly train hopping bum traveling here to there having nowhere to go. Spiderman in the meantime will have let his superiority go to his head having no comparable super hero to compete with. He will eventually come to rule the people with an iron fist. But only for a short time. The people will grow restless and vengeful and they will rise. They will seize back from his wretched power the weapons of war. Tanks, ships and planes. A vast army will rise led by Great and Honorable Comrade General Bill. And when the loathed Spiderman finds himself on the prairie pursued by none other than Comrade General Bill he will flee for his life. In vain. Having no trees or bulding from which to cast his web and swing he is brought to a stolen savage as his only transportation, his only possesion...his only escape. But escape is not on the menu for Spidey. For ironically his ill gotten savage was lubricated with none other than Rotella T. The very same oil which has allowed him to smite Batmans unjustified ego and lead him to his glorious rise and untimately lead to his fleeing for his life from Comrade General Bill. Spidey's engine gives way after a grueling (fairly) high speed chase (85-90ish?). Desperately taking off on foot he is quickly apprehended by Comrade General Bill and promptly beated to death with the only weapon Bill has. A quart jug of Klotz.

And no superman was not there. He got sick of @$$holes here on earth and went off with Kirk to get busy with green space ladies.

(This wasnt intended to be offensive to anyone. Just ridiculous. I've had a couple drinks and started typing and this is what it ended up being. Hope you enjoyed)

PS - I favor Rotella

IP Logged
boofer
Ex Member

Reply #79 - 09/06/09 at 00:38:53

BurnPgh,
Beaten to death with a quart of Klotz. A sad way to go, but at the same time, the imagery is hilarious.  Boofer

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #80 - 09/06/09 at 01:52:45

Actually, our oil wars serve to educate each new wave of newbies about oil and other stuff.

But an oil war ain't no place for a lady.  Oil flies everywhere -- gets all in your hair and soaks thru your tee shirt and everything.  Messy.

FreeSpirit, since my bike got all beat up and has a nasty speed wobble you could keep up with me next summer right easy.  I can't go past 65 mph right now, so I got me a limiter to keep me civilized.

Mostly.   Somewhat.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #81 - 09/06/09 at 05:46:49

BurnPgh wrote on 09/05/09 at 23:57:17:
And when the rotella tainted oil causes the engine to blow up spidey will swing on by on his webs the way the good lord intended. And give Batman a kick in the head as he goes by. Batman will sink into a horrid depression as he has been bested by Spiderman. Bruce Wayne will squander his billions on lots of expensive booze, hookers, and blow eventually ending up a lowly train hopping bum traveling here to there having nowhere to go. Spiderman in the meantime will have let his superiority go to his head having no comparable super hero to compete with. He will eventually come to rule the people with an iron fist. But only for a short time. The people will grow restless and vengeful and they will rise. They will seize back from his wretched power the weapons of war. Tanks, ships and planes. A vast army will rise led by Great and Honorable Comrade General Bill. And when the loathed Spiderman finds himself on the prairie pursued by none other than Comrade General Bill he will flee for his life. In vain. Having no trees or bulding from which to cast his web and swing he is brought to a stolen savage as his only transportation, his only possesion...his only escape. But escape is not on the menu for Spidey. For ironically his ill gotten savage was lubricated with none other than Rotella T. The very same oil which has allowed him to smite Batmans unjustified ego and lead him to his glorious rise and untimately lead to his fleeing for his life from Comrade General Bill. Spidey's engine gives way after a grueling (fairly) high speed chase (85-90ish?). Desperately taking off on foot he is quickly apprehended by Comrade General Bill and promptly beated to death with the only weapon Bill has. A quart jug of Klotz.

LMAO  Grin
But.. what about the part where the people all said "but who can save us now?"  and they tried to pull Batman out of retirement, but he's all "No, no, I'm all washed up"  but then a little boy who almost lost his faith says "Batman! Catch!" and tosses him a quart of Amsoil which he drinks and it powers him up like Popeye on a can of spinach, ready to kick some ass.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #82 - 09/06/09 at 10:25:10

Batman went hobo remember? How would you find him? Bat signal? Good luck gettin him away from them hookers.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #83 - 09/06/09 at 13:52:29

Yes but you see, Amsoil also instills a sense of civic duty and kills your libido.  Plus, even the hookers wouldn't go near him after he soiled his bat-suit.  They don't call it AmSoil for nothin'

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #84 - 09/06/09 at 20:03:58

civic duty huh? Right before he gets to the ER he helps an old lady cross the road. Besides which I cant imagine he'd fill out the batsuit well after a lengthy coke binge. In the worst of Rick James "cocain's a hell of a drug"

IP Logged
FreeSpirit
Serious Thumper

Joy is my Compass !

North Georgia
Reply #85 - 09/08/09 at 22:20:44

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 09/06/09 at 01:52:45:
Actually, our oil wars serve to educate each new wave of newbies about oil and other stuff.

But an oil war ain't no place for a lady.  Oil flies everywhere -- gets all in your hair and soaks thru your tee shirt and everything.  Messy.

FreeSpirit, since my bike got all beat up and has a nasty speed wobble you could keep up with me next summer right easy.  I can't go past 65 mph right now, so I got me a limiter to keep me civilized.

Mostly.   Somewhat.

Hey,not worried about keeping up....just enjoying the ride!!
You should know by now I live in my own little world with my own speed...and rules....with Freedom being rule #1  Cool
And rule #2-Dont get into oil wars Wink

Glad YOU slowed down a little Wink ....not that I'm glad what caused it though.

2002 Suzuki Savage-Stock.Windshield,Saddle bags,Hwy Bars,Tank Bib.Custom Paint.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #86 - 09/08/09 at 23:30:46

Ah, but I'm working on fixing it ....  Speeds over 70 are fine, just have a harmonic wobble at 67mph now.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #87 - 12/08/09 at 20:59:18

Jimmer wrote on 08/27/09 at 05:34:59:
Has anyone ever tried the Rotella 15w40 synthetic oil in their bike? What is your opinion on it's use.

FWIW....

Both the Rotella 5-40W synthetic and 15W-40 conventional motor oils now feature the JASO-MA rating.

This is the rating given to motor oils that meet JASO standards for motorcycles like ours.

By my reckoning, that makes the Rotella 15W-40 motor oil the least expensive MA rated oil out there.

Looks good to me.....

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #88 - 12/08/09 at 21:12:27

awe fudge   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #89 - 12/08/09 at 21:18:57

Digger wrote on 12/08/09 at 20:59:18:
Jimmer wrote on 08/27/09 at 05:34:59:
Has anyone ever tried the Rotella 15w40 synthetic oil in their bike? What is your opinion on it's use.

FWIW....

Both the Rotella 5-40W synthetic and 15W-40 conventional motor oils now feature the JASO-MA rating.

This is the rating given to motor oils that meet JASO standards for motorcycles like ours.

By my reckoning, that makes the Rotella 15W-40 motor oil the least expensive MA rated oil out there.

Looks good to me.....

& I Still have 6 gallons left..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 07:13:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rotella motor oil

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.