Send Topic Print
Stranded... (Read 325 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Stranded...
Reply #15 - 08/27/09 at 10:17:10

If that decomp isnt firing, the starter wont roll over either.
You can stick a hotwire on the wire that fires the decomp timer & bypass all the other stuff that might keep it from starting.
Thats the decomp timer, not solenoid.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 08/27/09 at 11:05:11

doc5446 wrote on 08/27/09 at 09:41:54:
Thanks for the responses fellas, Ima thinking battery too. It is original battery and its an '05 so maybe I should make the investment.

4 year old battery, I think it's time for a new one.

WWW   IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #17 - 08/28/09 at 09:50:47

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 08/27/09 at 10:17:10:
If that decomp isnt firing, the starter wont roll over either.
You can stick a hotwire on the wire that fires the decomp timer & bypass all the other stuff that might keep it from starting.
Thats the decomp timer, not solenoid.

got a pic or diagram of where to put hotwire on decomp timer? I topped off battery, gave it full charge and am getting 12.6 volts on voltmeter, so I no longer think it is just battery.

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 08/28/09 at 13:09:55

Id have to look at a wiring diagram, or pull my seat.
Maybe someone could post a diagram? Or a link?

I want to say its the second wire in from the front left of the timer. BUT, I have trouble remembering my birthday, so i wouldnt do that till I was sure.
You have a wiring diagram?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 08/28/09 at 14:42:40

Just a quick comment,
Most car part shops can load test a bike battery. Just because it holds a charge doesn't mean that it's a good battery. You might end up buying parts you don't need...like I did. Grrrrrrrr!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 08/29/09 at 09:05:50

Yellow wire, green stripe, in the middle on the side with the retaining clip, where the harness connects to the decomp timer. Thats where the 12 V jumps to to make it crank over. Suggest you keep it in neutral, b/c it will crank the engine over, even if the key is off.
There is a single ed wire running under the seat. The tiniest switch you can find will handle the current. I used a micro-switch off the face of a dead DVD player. That switch would fit on my little fingernail. By leaving some circuitboard attached, I was able to tie wrap it up under the frame, by my right thigh. I used 2 fingers off of nitrile gloves to put the thing in before I tie wrapped it. Its been there for almost 3 years, still works fine. Sure would suck for it to short out tho,,, BIG time..

The diagram has the color codes. Its the letters/ y/g is yellow wire, green stripe. IF there is a g/y, that would be a green wire with a yellow stripe.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 08/30/09 at 17:34:07

What happened to Doc? I even sent this in a PM,,not a word..

IP Logged
doc5446

Into the night...

Randolph, Ohio
Reply #22 - 09/03/09 at 09:39:41

Where is the decomp timer and what does it look like? What is behind my airbox and rear fender? Pics sure help a dummy like me.

K&N air filter, stage 1 jet set, SuperTrapp megaphone exhaust, solo seat w/ clothespin springs, stainless seatpan w/ fenderbib.1971 CB front fender and mirror.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 19:14:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stranded...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.