Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Finally some pics of my bike! (Read 394 times)
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Re: Finally some pics of my bike!
Reply #15 - 08/25/09 at 17:34:12

I'll ask her if she wants a pic posted of it.

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
EricTheRed
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 08/25/09 at 17:38:31

Very nice, the black exhaust looks great.  Did you paint it or what, I'd like to try that on my bike.

IP Logged
speedingman

Take'n it one day at
a time

Reply #17 - 08/25/09 at 20:00:58

Yes i painted the header pipe, mine was very blue and yellow when i got it, so rather than fight it, i just ruffed up the surface and used Rustolem high temp 2000 degree paint flat black and painted it.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #18 - 08/25/09 at 21:28:40

nice!! very nice for rattle can!!!
lotta folks dont know the under lay trick to a good paint finish..
post how you did it in the tech section

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
speedingman

Take'n it one day at
a time

Reply #19 - 08/26/09 at 00:55:55

Thankyou! Thats a good idea, though i wish i had pics from when i did the paint, it was very teedious, though i was not sure at first as the first paint job came out like crap, but i was in a hurry, its was originally faded burgendy, then i painted black speck, came out like crap so i sanded it all back to the metal and started fresh, took 2days for the whole job to get where it is now, i used Duplicolor metalflake silver for the underlay, then used a aerodesent blue, designed for plain metal jobs, but worked really well with the silver, gives it a really nice sparkly in the sunlight, then i sealed it with a speacial rustolem clearcoat for oil and grease protection, the gas spills do not harm the finish, though if i wax the gas will smear the wax, no biggy though. The whole job cost me 3can of each, ruffly $45.00 and 2days of time, it was worth it! Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #20 - 08/26/09 at 11:16:48

very sweeet! i love the custom paint, and how it means something to u. that's the way it should be. i'm still thinking of what to put on my tank, i'm def leaving it baremetal but i may carve something on it.

i really like the painted gauge/speedo. very nice!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
o0MOTORHEAD0o
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 08/26/09 at 20:47:29

love the color! Shocked
but dude you have to get some harley bars on that bike! the old rams horns are terrible bars!!! i think my bars are XLH "sporty" harley bars, theyre not geniune ones a guy makes them here in new zealand and they are darn cheap!...i need to get a pick up of them

IP Logged
speedingman

Take'n it one day at
a time

Reply #22 - 08/26/09 at 21:00:59

Yes your right, as a matter of fact with- in the next couple of weeks i will be going to a local salvage yard for bikes to see what i can come up with. i like the bars on the newer savages personaly.

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #23 - 08/26/09 at 22:21:29

Hi speeding man,
I have done quite a bit of paint and body work in my time,and I have posted some of my work, I hope you don't take offense about your paint job, you seem to have laid the paint on a little to thick,you do have a little orange peel as well,but do not dispair,just a little more work and that paint job will look perfect,you need some 1800 grit wet/dry paper and then 1900 and lastly 2000 grit,then get some Magquire's diamond cut and polish it out,with an electric buffer or by hand if you don't have one,you will be amazed at the shine,.
I love the color and the tattoo,again please do not take offense you have done a good job.    Mick

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #24 - 08/26/09 at 22:30:45

Ok Speedingman,after rechecking out the paint job ,maybe just the
diamont cut faze will be enough,or just leave it alone.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
speedingman

Take'n it one day at
a time

Reply #25 - 08/26/09 at 22:37:24

Thanks for the info,The clearcoat is 3coats if i rember correctly and is a Rustolem for oil and greese resistant it has some sort of ceramic in it so i would assum it is very hard surface, ive not done much wet sanding so im affraid of how it will turn out, lol. I'm always looking for improvement! I would have gone farther with it but money gets in the way. Maybe later on as it gets dinged and scratched i will redo. and use a paint gun this time around.

WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #26 - 08/27/09 at 00:17:07

speedingman wrote on 08/26/09 at 22:37:24:
Thanks for the info,The clearcoat is 3coats if i rember correctly and is a Rustolem for oil and greese resistant it has some sort of ceramic in it so i would assum it is very hard surface, ive not done much wet sanding so im affraid of how it will turn out, lol. I'm always looking for improvement! I would have gone farther with it but money gets in the way. Maybe later on as it gets dinged and scratched i will redo. and use a paint gun this time around.

If you have a little paint left over try it on a piece of scrap metal.
Don't bother with a spray gun unlass you pay the price of a good one,cheap spray guns are no better than a rattle can.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
speedingman

Take'n it one day at
a time

Reply #27 - 08/28/09 at 11:12:06

I was thinking of getting a set of these for me bike what do you guys think? And would they work? http://www.a1saddlebags.com/dxmosahabasa.html

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 06:24:10

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Finally some pics of my bike!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.