Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
kickstand digging into asphalt... (Read 357 times)
Bryan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: kickstand digging into asphalt...
Reply #15 - 08/26/09 at 12:46:20

Pabst 2006 wrote on 08/23/09 at 13:53:27:
Grab something to use as a kickstand support the next time you park your bike.  I'd suggest a little scrap of wood, I've seen people use a piece of thick cardboard or even a hockey puck.  A 2" x 3" rectangular object of whatever material should work well and can fit in a pocket to carry from one location to another.

-Pabst

Ok, cool.  I didn't know if it was just me.  I thought it was maybe just the parking lot of our apartment complex.  It wouldn't surprise me; it's not like the first time my apartment complex has cut corners.

IP Logged
Bryan
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: kickstand digging into asphalt...
Reply #16 - 09/07/09 at 10:41:49

Well I tried to get creative...  first I used some random aluminum baking pan thing we had lying around the house, folded it a few times.  It must've either not been thick enough or not cover enough surface area, because although it was better than nothing, the kickstand still sank a little.

Next I just cut a piece of rubber tube (heating tube or something for a car, maybe a couple of inches wide when flattened, 4 inches or so long).  That wasn't hard enough.  I was trying to find something I could easily slip into my pants pocket since I don't have saddlebags and don't wear a riding jacket in this Texas heat.

I was at the dealer the other day getting my bike inspected and asked them about it.  They gave me an orange plastic "Cycle Foot," and that seems to work pretty well.  They didn't charge me anything for it, and it's not too bulky to slip into my pocket, so I think that oughtta do it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 21:37:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › kickstand digging into asphalt...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.