PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Strange Noise? Clutch?
08/23/09 at 10:06:01

Well, was a beautiful day here today, so a bunch of us Rode out to the coastline to watch the surf that is coming in ahead of Hurricane Bill, which is supposed to hit here later tonight. All in all we covered about 120kms around the northeast Avalon Peninsula with Signal Hill, at the entrance to St. John's harbor being one of our last stops. This is a very steep climp of about 600 meters (1900ft) and at the top, with clutch lever completely pulled in (waiting for cars ahead to move so we could park) there was a very noticable metallic sound, not quite a rattle, but more like a "meshing" click type sound that I've heard infrequently before sometimes with the clutch engaged in the friction zone (part way out) attempting to pull up a grade ... don't ever remember hearing this noise with my previous '03 Savage. The Bike has only 3800kms on it and a Bike mechanic friend whom I mentioned this strange noise to awhile ago sez that there's nothing wrong with my clutch. I'm not convivced though ... think I might have anything to be concerned about?
Thanks in advance!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Strange Noise? Clutch?
Reply #1 - 08/23/09 at 14:23:23

with only 2400 miles on the clock shouldn't be the cam chain but stranger things have happened.  after all it is new2u

feel right above the oil filter cover on the clutch cover for a tapping when you hear the noise.

And only cost you $20 to pop the cover and look.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Strange Noise? Clutch?
Reply #2 - 08/23/09 at 19:39:07

Id dump the oil first. Run a magnet thru it, dump some in a jar & have a look, pour it thru a filter, paper towel, white rag, whatever.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 05:26:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Strange Noise? Clutch?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.