Newie w/ Question (Read 82 times)
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Newie w/ Question
08/20/09 at 06:37:52

Just joined, just bought a used 07 s40, 4k miles,.....no mods,...stock as a clock as far as I know. It runs good in general. But I notice when under light throttle conditions, if I pull the choke out a notch, it will pick up a little speed, and runs a touch smoother. Is this kinda normal, or or should something be enriched a little? It idles very good, so can I assume that the screw adj under the brass plug is ok ? Mite a little trim of the spacer fix this ? I love the bike, and it is ok even if nothing was ever changed, but wondered about the seemingly lean condition.
Thanks for any reply.

Rich

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
PTRider

Re: Newie w/ Question
Reply #1 - 08/20/09 at 07:41:00

Yep, they all do better when re-jetted.  With stock intake and exhaust, opening the idle mixture screw to 2 or 2-1/2 turns, or where ever your engine idles best, is good.  Reducing the needle jet spacer to 2mm length or a bit less is good.  Changing the main jet to a 150 is good.

IP Logged
eanon

Thump-Thump-Thu mp

Austin, Texas
Re: Newie w/ Question
Reply #2 - 08/20/09 at 15:54:20

check out the carbs, jetting, and exhaust section under the table of contents in the tec section.  everything you need to know. Wink

Red '97, cone filter, 150 main, 52.5 Pilot, half spacer, Screaming Eagle turnout, 17/43 chain drive, shield, de-badged, 4" forward control extensions. Gettin' there.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 07:45:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Newie w/ Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.