Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
muffler and air intake ? (Read 312 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: muffler and air intake ?
Reply #15 - 08/19/09 at 08:47:52

The exhaust gasket at the head is an odd looking little thing. Its a crumply little piece of aluminum. I suspect the manual suggests replacing it any time the header gets removed, tho most rerun theirs. It simply gets crushed into the space, thats the whole seal, no spray, no goop, just dry.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #16 - 08/19/09 at 09:19:37

i just thought about it, without a baffle it's kind of like a straight pipe lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 08/19/09 at 10:19:04

Think I just screwed up a PM reply to you...

I don't think a muffler guy can put a baffle in for you... It goes in the middle of the muffler.  
If he tried, it'd cost you more than it's worth...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #18 - 08/19/09 at 10:40:04

oh crap!! well hopefully it isn't too loud, i was thinking if harley dudes are runnin 2 of these without baffles lol that's gotta be worse right?

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #19 - 08/19/09 at 11:29:33

Grannies are going to hate you..... Angry

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Reply #20 - 08/19/09 at 11:42:22

Let me know how you get on mate.

Yesterday the baffle in my unmarked slash blew.. Angry

Now it just rattles about inside the can making an 'orrible ting ting noise until it jams sideways.. gonna try knocking it out tomorrow as a stop gap until I can find a replacement muffler..

Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #21 - 08/19/09 at 12:06:11

serowbot, i think i agree with u on that! and that's ok! considering i fear them the most! if i can get their attention, even in a bad way i'll be happy! hopefully the cops won't pay too much attention though!

and i def will! i'm going to see what it's going to take to mount the muffler on, like if i have to drill any holes or anything but my friend suggested i should wait til my rejet kit gets here b4 i put the muffler on in case it's too too rich.

i'm ecstatic about it though, when i told my friend it was debaffled he chuckled and goes "you're riding on the right side from now on"  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
MauiNancy
YaBB Newbies

Girls Ride, Too!

Maui
Reply #22 - 08/19/09 at 19:37:48

I can't wait to hear how you tune it....

I just installed Lancer's kit on my 06 S40, with a Dyna muffler [it's got baffles but sounds great!]
Anyway, we can't seem to beat the surging of the engine at no load. Also, the occasional revving in neutral....

Keep us informed!!!!

2006 S40 "Silver" - Lancer's kit [VM38 carb, UFO, cone air filter], Dyna muffler, battery tender jr., windshield. Just reached 13,000 mi. on this one! (This is my 2nd Savage!)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 08/19/09 at 19:47:04

Maui,... double check that you aren't having a petcock issue....

IP Logged
MauiNancy
YaBB Newbies

Girls Ride, Too!

Maui
Reply #24 - 08/19/09 at 19:54:25

Will do...
Husband [riding next to me on his HD] notices that gas flow not constant in line from petcock and thru gas filter. [Clear gas line.]

Currently running 15 pilot, 155 main. Also, have cone air filter.

2006 S40 "Silver" - Lancer's kit [VM38 carb, UFO, cone air filter], Dyna muffler, battery tender jr., windshield. Just reached 13,000 mi. on this one! (This is my 2nd Savage!)
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #25 - 08/19/09 at 20:42:01

huh? that's odd! luckily my friend has alot of experience and will be helping me install the muffler and do the jets, he'll know instantly what needs to be done.

i can't wait!  

anyone riding with a debaffled sportster muffler and like it? lol

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 08/19/09 at 21:18:28

MauiNancy wrote on 08/19/09 at 19:54:25:
Will do...
Husband [riding next to me on his HD] notices that gas flow not constant in line from petcock and thru gas filter. [Clear gas line.]

Dang,.. I'm missing a lot these days.....
I didn't see that you have Lancer's carb conversion,... so is your petcock still vacuum operated?... or is it a Raptor?... if it's not the stock vacuum type, that's not an issue... and at no load the fuel filter probably isn't doing it either...
You may be lean on the pilot jet... Hopefully Lancer will spot this and straighten it out for you...  Sorry if I added confusion...
The occasional revving at idle might point to an air leak in your manifold boot....

IP Logged
MauiNancy
YaBB Newbies

Girls Ride, Too!

Maui
Reply #27 - 08/20/09 at 21:21:41

Serowbot wrote on 08/19/09 at 21:18:28:
Will do...

I didn't see that you have Lancer's carb conversion,... so is your petcock still vacuum operated?... or is it a Raptor?... if it's not the stock vacuum type, that's not an issue... and at no load the fuel filter probably isn't doing it either...
You may be lean on the pilot jet... Hopefully Lancer will spot this and straighten it out for you...  Sorry if I added confusion...
The occasional revving at idle might point to an air leak in your manifold boot....

OEM petcock. Lancer did answer my PM about it. Going to try his ideas: enlarge hole he drilled in needle jet and/or put in a "dummy" pilot jet [soldered completely closed]. I have a definite "too rich condition". Did I mention the UFO?

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 08/21/09 at 04:23:28

MauiNancy wrote on 08/20/09 at 21:21:41:
Serowbot wrote on 08/19/09 at 21:18:28:
Will do...

OEM petcock. Lancer did answer my PM about it. Going to try his ideas: enlarge hole he drilled in needle jet and/or put in a "dummy" pilot jet [soldered completely closed]. I have a definite "too rich condition". Did I mention the UFO?

The UFO created a very rich condition on your low end of the throttle curve. I had bled out me emulsion tube (the tube on the inside of the carb, that pops up into the carb body) to the largest hole. I had tried a few sized, but jumping right to the biggest bleed hole solved my rich idle.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 03:40:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › muffler and air intake ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.