Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Makes scraping sound on start from left lower side (Read 59 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Makes scraping sound on start from left lower side
08/16/09 at 07:45:44

This was a bike I did the starter clutch repair on.
The starter clutch was swapped with a used one, along wiht that big gear, the idler gears and the pivot as well as the starter. I welded and drilled the case for the location of the idler gear pin to fit in nice and tight.

I ran it a few times on very short runs quite fine over the last few months.

However when I ran it for a longer time ~20 miles, it ran fine. I shut it off and 10 mins later restarted it. That made a scraping noise from the left side. I shut it off and a few seconds later restarted it and it made that nise for an instant and then it quit making it. It ran fine for 20 miles back home. It also didn't make the noise since on 2-3 starts.

Has any one had this happen. Is it heat related ?
Is there electrical gremlins - I did replace the right side switch assy ... could it be related. TIA for any response.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Makes scraping sound on start from left lower
Reply #1 - 08/24/09 at 15:19:16

No one's replied so they either missed it or you are the only one to do this.

Only way to know is to open it up and take a peek.  But I surmise that you didn't get it welded exactly where it was.  Maybe just a hair off.  So when it heated up tolerance was gone and you had binding.  And was either relocated or reshaped.  Wouldn't worry too much about it except for hot starts.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 10:46:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Makes scraping sound on start from left lower side

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.