Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
wanna chop my rear fender! (Read 113 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
wanna chop my rear fender!
08/12/09 at 21:11:52

ok, i'm not rushing into this and i'd like to check out my options!

i want to keep my 2nd seat, my girl likes riding way too much for me to remove the entire thing(as much as i'd like to!)

i was looking @ the rear fender and i noticed i don't like how far it hangs over the tire.

i want to keep the brake light where it is & the turn signals will probably stay in the same spot or go in one of the holes that the chrome rail will leave behind once i remove them.

my ? is i know i have to keep my license plate illuminated and it's 1000 bucks fine for a vertical license plate.

where can i mount all the wiring and plate and crap that'll it'll still be easy to see, and preferably on the cheap.

i'm thinking i might make a bracket out of a luggage tray from a harley and side mount the license to it.

OR i was thinking of cutting the fender up to the second seat and mounting the tray to shorter fender and putting the brake light and license plate on that.

am i crazy? i just hate shiney and i love being different(hence the savage lol)

other then that my bike is kinda where i want it, i was thinkin drag bars but kinda like my "mini apes" as some call them

any help would be awesome, u guys are the first ones i ask....and not just because car parts guys don't know the difference between a hood pin or a piston pin!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: wanna chop my rear fender!
Reply #1 - 08/12/09 at 23:22:18

Some bikes have the plate mounted on top of the tail light, illuminated by a clear square in the lens.... don't know if that fits with the look...
I made my light/plate bracket out of an aluminum street sign... if you picture it kinda' upside down and backwards,... it could mount over the fender?....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 08/13/09 at 06:50:55

oh ok, changing the brake light is always a possibilty i just don't want to mess that up! if the license plate goes out i'll be ok! if my brake light goes out i'd be alot less comfortable....i guess i'll have to think about something really crafty!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #3 - 08/13/09 at 10:54:24

Rocco,

Dont know if its a state thing or a county thing, My neighbors told me this year that law was changed, you can have it verticle or even on the side.

Neighbors a cop, his moms the city comish.

Im in Seminole County.

Id do some research on that for your area.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 08/13/09 at 12:23:27

if i can go vertical i'd be thrilled! i'll have to look into it!

i just wanna chop some more, it's kinda addicting! i look @ the bike and think of what else i can rip off or saw in half!

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #5 - 08/13/09 at 19:42:57

I put my sideplate back on when i have it on the back fender it just cracks at the holes, i could drill the cracks but itll probabily keep happening

I  took everything off my fender ( chrom rails sissy bar, back seat, turn signals) I was really liking the look of the back with nothing on it, i put the rear pillion thing back on. a chopped fender woudl oook coool! saw a little off the end. the plate Serobots showin might help keep some of the mud/dirt/etc from getting all over your back

Im def putting the turn signals on becasue it seems like the hand signals just dont cut it as well, idk maybe its mental, people are crazy

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 08/14/09 at 09:45:54

i def wanna trim a little off the rear! but i like the stock brake light. if i can somehow keep the stock brake light and put the plate somewhere i'll be happy.

all i gotta do is figure out how to illuminate the plate!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 04:20:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › wanna chop my rear fender!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.