Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Blue Collar Bobbers (Read 513 times)
flcruzr
Ex Member

Re: Blue Collar Bobbers
Reply #15 - 08/12/09 at 21:24:08

Perry:  Great find on this post!  I know must of us here like to do and create our own mods but I will admit that I would be one to bolt on a pre-designed bobber kit.  I just dont have too much free time to find pieces and cut and fit parts onto my bike.  I'm excited to see what these guys will come out with for our thumpers! Cheesy

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #16 - 08/13/09 at 02:19:10

sluggo wrote on 08/12/09 at 16:59:42:
but there;s something about scrounging around for parts to build the bobber that makes them special. if anybody can just swipe the credit card and get somebody to bolt it on for them they just won't be the same,

Yes, I understand, but...  Undecided

...there's something about NOT having a garage toi tinker in that forces people to ask other people to do the work for them - at a price...

In England there has always been a huge discussion amongst classic car enthusiasts over "checkbook restorations",
i.e. having a shop work over your basketcase classic rather than doing the job yourself.

So, may I pose a question: whan your fridge breaks down, do we scrounge around for parts, or call the handyman?

Me, I'll email Lance @ BlueCollar bobbers and see what he suggests for an overseas project.

Cool Cool  Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #17 - 08/13/09 at 02:46:22

On a side note...

I've seen their website, and have to say BlueCollar Bobbers do make some very nice bikes, but...

- Ford Mod. A taillight kit at $215?  Shocked Shocked Shocked
That's a bit expensive when the Mod.A light (sold as a "Miller" taillight) retails at £21.75 (that's less than $40) in the UK, and a mere $22.999 (was $37.99) at JCWhitney.  
Huh
So, scrounging for parts WILL save a lot of money. Smiley

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Savage_Amusement
Serious Thumper

On this steel horse
I ride.

Omaha, NE
Reply #18 - 08/13/09 at 09:09:45

I wonder if you have to buy a whole kit or if you can get it piece by piece ( I haven't been on their site yet)

Everything in those pics look pretty cool!

2K5, 1975 Sportster tank, blacked out motor, K&N cone, Much more to come later!!
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #19 - 08/13/09 at 12:28:05

they look sweeet don't get me wrong, but i don't like cookie cutters like the harley cross bones or even the one they named "street bob" or whatever...

we're already the "odd" ones on the road lets keep it that way!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #20 - 08/13/09 at 13:30:44

mpescatori wrote on 08/13/09 at 02:19:10:
sluggo wrote on 08/12/09 at 16:59:42:
but there;s something about scrounging around for parts to build the bobber that makes them special. if anybody can just swipe the credit card and get somebody to bolt it on for them they just won't be the same,

Yes, I understand, but...  Undecided

...there's something about NOT having a garage toi tinker in that forces people to ask other people to do the work for them - at a price...

In England there has always been a huge discussion amongst classic car enthusiasts over "checkbook restorations",
i.e. having a shop work over your basketcase classic rather than doing the job yourself.

So, may I pose a question: whan your fridge breaks down, do we scrounge around for parts, or call the handyman?

Me, I'll email Lance @ BlueCollar bobbers and see what he suggests for an overseas project.

Cool Cool  Cool

scrounge for parts, then call handyman

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #21 - 08/13/09 at 15:33:03

Savage_Amusement wrote on 08/13/09 at 09:09:45:
I wonder if you have to buy a whole kit or if you can get it piece by piece ( I haven't been on their site yet)

Everything in those pics look pretty cool!

Looks to me that you can go the piece by piece route.  

I really like the look of all the machining on the brackets, but the price of the taillight kits is indeed high.  Wonder if they'd just sell you the taillight brackets and wiring kit without the light itself?  That, and the rear fender is fiberglass! Shocked  The seats look awesome though.  If a person wasn't going to have passengers, that part of the swap would be awesome by itself!

Wonder if the prices will go down as they sell more units and start to make up some of the cost of development?

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
DirtySavage
YaBB Newbies

Wow, wow.. Pow, pow!

Reply #22 - 09/13/09 at 11:24:41

Anybody put any of the parts from these guys on their bikes?

Hoping to pick some stuff up from them.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 09:34:29

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Blue Collar Bobbers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.