Send Topic Print
Seat raised (Read 225 times)
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Seat raised
08/11/09 at 09:42:45

I raised my seat about 2 inches while back. Boy did it make a noticable difference(a good one).

I got the idea what if my seat was moved back father, then i said what if i just raised it more..

In the end (after 2 trips to ace, can never just make one trip.. ) i have it raised another 2 inch or so.My butt tells me thank you.

When i get home from work im gonna take some pictures.

Has anyone moved the seat back at all?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Seat raised
Reply #1 - 08/11/09 at 10:53:31

4" total?....

Pics,pics,pics........... Shocked

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #2 - 08/11/09 at 12:54:28

Yeah, we gotta see some pics of that!!

One thing I discovered when I did my seat lift is that with some creative stacking of the nylon spacers, It's possible to pick the back of the tank up some or all of the distance you lift the seat.  That way the tank/seat line doesn't get screwed up.

On mine I picked the seat up 1" and the back of the tank up 1/2" and it looks totally stock.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #3 - 08/12/09 at 00:32:48

Boule’tard wrote on 08/11/09 at 12:54:28:
Yeah, we gotta see some pics of that!!

One thing I discovered when I did my seat lift is that with some creative stacking of the nylon spacers, It's possible to pick the back of the tank up some or all of the distance you lift the seat.  That way the tank/seat line doesn't get screwed up.

On mine I picked the seat up 1" and the back of the tank up 1/2" and it looks totally stock.

Do you still have the stock petcock?  If I tried lifting the tank, mine would hit the frame I think.  I took the seat up 1", but could use some more.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #4 - 08/12/09 at 08:10:35

John_D FSO wrote on 08/12/09 at 00:32:48:
Do you still have the stock petcock?  If I tried lifting the tank, mine would hit the frame I think.

No, I replaced mine with a Raptor petcock before I did the seat mod.  I think you can pick up the tank a little before the stock petcock hits the frame, just not sure how much..

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #5 - 08/12/09 at 09:30:50

I totaly forgot that my camera (phones) busted when i was planning to take pics that day. I got my new insurance replaced phone today so i will be taking pics tonight.

If my memory serves me correct you can get maybe 1/2 in of play before the stock ptecoc hits the frame.

My seat and tank dont really line up like before but i dont think it looks too bad.
ill put some pics up later when i get them.

IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #6 - 08/12/09 at 21:04:49

I agree, I don't think I could lift the tank more than 1/2", maybe less.  When I took the tank off to do the white spacer carb mod, I had to shift the tank slightly to the side before lifting up, just to get the petcock out from under the frame, hardly any upward movement possible otherwise.

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #7 - 08/13/09 at 10:43:55

Ok well im obvisouly not a photographer.
I dont know how to resize the pics, the huge pictures annoy me becasue it makes reading posts harder for me, so i give a link instead, sorry for the extra clicks!

http://mchoffman.net/host/savage/seat/1.jpg
http://mchoffman.net/host/savage/seat/2.jpg
http://mchoffman.net/host/savage/seat/3.jpg
http://mchoffman.net/host/savage/seat/4.jpg

First rasie i just used those rubber spacers i got from a car radiator, had to get 2 longer bolts from ace.

Second rasie was adding even longer bolts, some nuts and washers to get the rubber spacers up higher,

I would say its about 3 1/2 inches after looking at them, i never measured it though.

IP Logged
dmike

Vote Blumpkin

HBG, PA
Reply #8 - 08/13/09 at 11:26:05

NICE!

Where does that stereo jack go to?  

Do you have any pictures of it from back a couple feet?  I would like to see what the whole seat looks like with it raised.

IP Logged
matt

da na na na na
mattman

Winter Springs, FL
Reply #9 - 08/13/09 at 16:58:49

I will take more pictures tomarrow when its daylight out.

The audio jack is for my "system" lol.

I mounted a detachable portable jogging radio to the handlebars so i can listen to some music, but the problem was the earbud wire went from my head to the handlebars and was real awkward riding and when i looked back they would rip out my ears. sometimes i forgot about them and when i got off.. well it didnt feel to good under the helmet.

I snagged a 12' (the only length we carry) 3.5mm audio extension from work.

i ran it from the top of the tank down to the bottom where it meets the seat, that way i can plug in my earbud lower and closer to me instead of the handlebars. Now i can look as far back with no problem and when i forget about it and get off the it just gracefully unplugs and doesnt rip out my hears.

i get static sometimes not sure if its the cheap radio or some kind of interferance. its new and i have more experimenting to do. Grin

IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #10 - 08/14/09 at 09:56:48

matt wrote on 08/13/09 at 16:58:49:
i get static sometimes not sure if its the cheap radio or some kind of interferance. its new and i have more experimenting to do. Grin

Probably interference if the extension is not shielded.   What do you have for the radio?  I took a part a set of cheap headphones and put the speakers in my helmet with only the plug hanging out.  I use an ipod clipped to my belt for the music, amplified by a FiiO headphone amplifier.  Plus I have a bluetooth motorcycle cellphone headset (Motorola HS830) that I run through the speakers.  Everything is on me, nothing on the bike.

Nice job on the seat.  I raised the front of mine 4", but not the back,  before going to sportster seat.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:28:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Seat raised

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!