Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Yet another oil war ..... (Read 450 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: Use Reports, Rotella T Synthetic 5w40 (blue ju
Reply #30 - 08/11/09 at 19:50:39

I dunno about rotella, I am not opposed but I run accel 10W40 from walmart - $2 or so a qt these days, but used to be 72c ... and I run it cos its SF rated.

Motorcycle oil is just bogus marketing crap.

Oil has a SF, SJ, SM what not ... the larger that second character the less of the good stuff its got.

SF is better than SJ, better than SM.
:-

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Re: Use Reports, Rotella T Synthetic 5w40 (blue ju
Reply #31 - 08/11/09 at 20:36:06

bill67 wrote on 08/11/09 at 19:44:52:
  For all of the differenced motorcycle oils  in the world why would someone use a diesel oil,Unless you have a diesel motorcycle

http://www.americanprofile.com/heroes/article/1510.html

This looks promising.  I would love one of these for the mpg and it's good for the environment.

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
mikestrikes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Decatur, AL
Re: Yet another oil war .....
Reply #32 - 08/16/09 at 18:56:39

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 08/11/09 at 07:23:05:
This thread was supposed to be a detailed follow up thread where folks would state their actual experiences using Rotella Synthetic oil -- one of the few relatively inexpensive synthetics that has the ZDDP additive package that the Savage needs to keep cams, follower tappets and cam chains happy.

Instead it turned into yet another oil war complete with vitrol and nastiness and unless you just like reading folks indulging in "conflict tactics" it is hardly worth reading.

Sorry for wasting your time.

Oldfeller

OK I got one for ya... this is from a guy I know that owns a Kawasaki ZRX.... this letter from him says it all.

A while back I thought that, just for my own amusement, I'd send in an oil sample to Blackstone Labs.. Not going to post all the numbers stuff, but here's a cut and paste of the comments...

"For the record it's had 5w40 Rotella synth in it the last 30,000 miles or so. Changed about every 2000 miles."

Everything looked kosher in the first sample analysis of oil from the 1052 cc engine in your ZRX.
Universal averages show typical wear levels for this type of engine after about 2,500 miles on the oil. This oil was in use for fewer miles than that, and wear accumulation compared well with data displayed in
averages. Also, the oil additive levels in this sample appeared normal for this oil type and grade, showing no heat or moisture damage to the oil. The 7.1 TBN shows lots of oil additive still active (1.0 is low), and the trace fuel isn't a concern. Nice engine at 40,000 miles.

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #33 - 08/16/09 at 21:52:59

That appears to say he is changing his oil to often.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Educatedredneck
Alliance Member

Sometimes it's
better to be lucky
than good.

Hampstead, Maryland
Reply #34 - 08/16/09 at 21:57:45

OF is just trying to stir the pot and we all fell for it.

I have used Shell Rotella Dino for the last 3 oil changes, I will say that it has cleaned up the engine.  This I noticed when I had the motor apart to change the head gasket.  I may stay with it, or switch to Amsoil.  I haven't decided yet.  The Savage is running fine with it.  I'm more thinking along the lines of adding a Jag 6 row oil cooler if I can get managment to provide the funding. Wink

1997 Savage - Hard Chrome Drag Pipe, Seat Mod, 152.5 main, 1 - #4 washer, Di Hard Battery, T-Kat, 1" Drag Bar
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/13/24 at 15:17:17

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Yet another oil war .....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.