Send Topic Print
flat tire (Read 194 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: flat tire
Reply #15 - 08/08/09 at 07:53:31

I dont think you can use a plug in a tire with a tube. IDK for sure, but wouldnt that Lump of the plug be a stressor on the tube? Besides, a plug is to keep air in,, & thats what the tube does. No plug..
If you want to do the work yourself, then maybe it makes sense ( dollars & cents, sense) but if that tire is sitting at 2/3 tread wear & its gonna cost you $30.00 labor, I'd say thats not the best deal for you. If you want to risk using a patched tube & do the work, then just be aware, patches dont always work out & a flat on the rear is no fun.

Others do their own tires & Ive given it a shot. The front isnt too bad, but if you dont know what you are doing, the rear is an absolute BEAR.
I recommend you buy a tire & tube & have someone install same. Next time, maybe you should give it a shot, but hang out & read & learn some more before you decide.
Call around & get some tire costs & installation costs. Some will go easy on installation if you buy the tire from them. TRy to make a deal.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 08/08/09 at 08:19:39

okay, going to get a new tire installed, a little pricey, 37.50 install plus $15 for the tube, plus $85 or so for the tire, best deal I can find. I don't think that's unreasonable, I'd feel better having someone who really knows what they are doing do it and I was going to have to do it in 2000 miles or so anyway, just a lil premature tire replacement, never hurt no one right  Tongue

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #17 - 08/08/09 at 08:47:17

I agree   Smiley

WWW   IP Logged