SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Updated Pics
08/05/09 at 19:24:57

Went out and took some new pictures of the bike as of today...

Things to finish up yet:
1. Clean up wiring on frame (loom and zip ties)
2. Swap to Savage seat when it arrives
2a. Trailer Fender & Moving Rectifier, Turn Signals & Tail Light (still planning this one)
2a.5. Thinking of doing the diamond jim fender lowering mod until I get the trailer fender worked out... Not 100% sure yet.
3. Install Mini Apes (I think)
4. Remove rear peg mounts

I like the look with the belt guard off... A little concerned about getting "caught up" in it... But I'm sure with time I'll be more cautious. Anyone have any tips here?

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Updated Pics
Reply #1 - 08/05/09 at 20:01:04

I wouldnt worry so much about getting in it. Theres still a guard on the front & getting in the rear would about require being in a wreck, but that could happen & it certainly would be a nasty event.( read on the for the emotionally driven contradiction) The real immediate problem would be a piece of gravel getting on top of the belt & being pushed thru the belt when it gets to the rear pulley. Mine did that, but Im not certain it happened after I took it off. I have put it back, tho. I just feel better with it on there. I like the naked look, but it bugs me, the belt being so "out there" & even knowing I would have to do something really goofy to get in it, I am somewhat uneasy, so, for the sake of the belts safety & mine, I put it back.

You know, a guy could put some kind of barrier, deflector on the lower swing arm back close to the rear Pinch Point.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 08/05/09 at 22:27:19

"A little concerned about getting "caught up" in it..."

I thought about that when I took mine off... so I tried it.
No way can I contort myself to get caught in there...

more likely to get my thumb caught in the front spokes..... Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #3 - 08/06/09 at 02:26:48

Fine lookin' bike Simon! See you have the Wingerline highway bar/engine guard? If not too much trouble, would it be possible for you to do a couple of sketches of it, with measurements ... and post up in Tech Section? That'd be good for the Fabricators here on the Forums!
Thanx!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
SimonTuffGuy
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

i like to thump...
;)

Central PA
Reply #4 - 08/06/09 at 05:06:07

I'm not as concerned with rocks and stuff like that... I guess I'll tackle them if they happen. I was just more worried about getting caught in it.

I'll be happier once I can get the solo seat mounted. I'm on the hunt for something better in the bobber look. Found a few on EBay, just not sure what I'll actually end up with.

Perry  - Yanno, I think someone else asked me to do something like that and I just haven't yet. I'll see what I can do. Maybe some detailed pictures along with overall measurements would be helpful. I might be pulling them off and selling them too, since they don't really fit the "bobber" look. Tongue

Simon
Pimptiva.com
WWW   IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 08/06/09 at 17:13:06

Simon:  I know you just started your mods but as of now the bike is looking good!  Looking forward to your final project, keep us posted with pics, we like that.   Wink

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #6 - 08/08/09 at 02:48:31

SimonTuffGuy wrote on 08/06/09 at 05:06:07:
Perry  - Yanno, I think someone else asked me to do something like that and I just haven't yet. I'll see what I can do. Maybe some detailed pictures along with overall measurements would be helpful. I might be pulling them off and selling them too, since they don't really fit the "bobber" look. Tongue

Cool Simon ... that'd be appreciated! If you do decide to eventually sell those Wingerline bars, keep me in mind thanks Cool

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 08/08/09 at 07:06:54

"I like the look with the belt guard off... A little concerned about getting "caught up" in it... But I'm sure with time I'll be more cautious. Anyone have any tips here? "

Don't ride barefoot, and don't wear bell bottoms!

Many years ago my Honda superhawk threw a chain. I had the stock chain guard mounted correctly. The force on the chain caused it to whip back over the top of my helmet and cut a track through the gel coat. I still can't understand how it happened...but it did. So, did the guard help?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:24:42

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Updated Pics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.