Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Stupid Human Tricks after a Long Ride (Read 493 times)
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Re: Stupid Human Tricks after a Long Ride
Reply #30 - 08/10/09 at 19:11:59

There are some days when I'm alert and smooth and everything flows on the bike. Other days, not so much. It's important to recognize that you're not up to par, and maybe food, water and rest is required for a pick me up, or maybe, not ride at all.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #31 - 08/11/09 at 07:45:23

Rogue_Cheddar wrote on 08/10/09 at 19:11:59:
There are some days when I'm alert and smooth and everything flows on the bike. Other days, not so much. It's important to recognize that you're not up to par, and maybe food, water and rest is required for a pick me up, or maybe, not ride at all.

Excellent advice. All I was thinking about was a night ride after coming home from work yesterday (worked 9-9) in 95F heat, included dragging my gear (15-20 lbs.)hundreds of yards on two beaches. I was drenched all day. Felt effects of heat exhaustion a couple of times. I got home completely wiped out by 9:30 and decided to lie down in the AC first. Even after an hour, I felt that I was running at maybe 50% and my riding skills would suffer. I stayed in. Sometimes it's better to admit that I would be better off not riding at all. Woke up at 10:00 today and still feel wiped.

FSO
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #32 - 08/11/09 at 08:29:16

Targett3997 wrote on 08/06/09 at 09:00:19:
I hit a squirrel the other day.  I pulled over to help ease his pain.  I was going to leave my bike running, no big deal right back on, right?    I forgot that my bike was in gear when I got off.  When it jumped foreward I caught it just before it hit the ground.  WOW, did I feel stupid.  I just wanted to help the squirrel too bad I guess.  He didn't make it though    Undecided

mmmmm! squirrel for supper!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Phelonius
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 08/11/09 at 09:45:53

Cute furry tailed rat.

Phelonius

Phelonius
  IP Logged
Bear_Rider

Reply #34 - 08/12/09 at 19:10:28

When I first started riding again, an hour was a long time, particularly when I was practicing low speed control. I had been at it for about two hours on the little TW200 that I was using, and realised that I was just plain pooped, so I decided to head for home. I picked up my feet, and then for some reason did NOTHING ELSE -- no letting out of the clutch, no throttle -- NOTHING.  Shocked

As I was tipping to the left, the picture that flashed in my mind was that of the tricycle guy on the old "Laugh-In" show. I picked myself up, killed the motor, then looked around very carefully to see if anyone had been watching. No damage to anything other than my pride.  Embarrassed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 08:32:32

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Stupid Human Tricks after a Long Ride

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.