Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Turn Signal Options? (Read 283 times)
Wr112
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Turn Signal Options?
07/28/09 at 13:18:00

I have a 2009 Boulevard S40.
Due to a little run in with the trailer I now need both of the rear turn signal assemblies.  The cheapest price I have found for OEM is $58 each.  I have contacted K&S Technologies trying to get a couple after market ones through them, but they said that they don't make anything compatible.
Does anyone have any suggestions for finding two new rear turn signals without having to pay OEM prices?
Thanks for any input.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Re: New Turn Signal Options?
Reply #1 - 07/28/09 at 15:17:07

Alot of people (me included) have relocated their turn signals to the tail light/licence plate bracket. It gives alot more room for saddle bags. You can use almost any aftermarket turn signal. I used a LED mini bullet that I found on e-bay. Here's a lnk: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board=tech;action=display;num=1118286882

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
Wr112
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/29/09 at 02:11:01

I searched eBay a found a couple lights that look like they might work but none of them state that they will fit on the newer models.  Do you think the one found below would fit on my 2009 S40?  I didn't find too many that have the shaft with the tapped hole for the bolt to come up from the bottom side of the mounting bracket like mine is set up.  My other concern is that I need one for both the rear left and right.  If the one pictured in the link below has just one side of the rod with a threaded hole then I don’t see how I could use it for both sides and still have the threaded hole on the bottom.  In the eBay write up it sounds like this should be a universal but I guess I’m confused.   Any clarification would be great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Savage-LS-650-Intruder-VS-800-1400-TURN...

Thanks again for the help.

IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #3 - 07/31/09 at 12:56:35

If you go to http://www.superbrightleds.com you can get all kinds of great bulbs. I have some in my dash that look clear, but glow red and have 12 leds in them. I am going to post this project up soon. They are for turn signal indicators. You can buy sockets for the 1156 or 1157 bulbs at NAPA. Make your own so you get what you want.

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Oldnewguy

thumpin' along!

Upstate NY
Reply #4 - 08/01/09 at 12:39:57

Another great site I just found is www.kandstech.com

'96 with Voyager kit, White spacer mod, K&N air filter, HD muffler, solo seat/back rest, hard saddle bags and trunk.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/25/24 at 12:28:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › New Turn Signal Options?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.