Send Topic Print
visual mods (Read 285 times)
twdy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

visual mods
07/28/09 at 13:17:44

I'm thinking of making some visual changes to the bike, and am looking for some advice.. mainly because i'm afraid it won't turn out looking good!

I'm thinking of painting the turn signals, header, heat shields, and muffler a flat black with a little gloss.. any ideas/suggestions? would this look lame?

IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Re: visual mods
Reply #1 - 07/28/09 at 17:40:43

So far your ideas sound good.  An aftermarket muffler is a good starting point, and as far as flat black goes, this seems to be the new color style and overall it looks good too.  So, go with your gut and if you end up not liking it thats more time to spend and play with your new bike.  Enjoy the mod bug!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/28/09 at 19:25:59

You could take that warning sticker off your tank.... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
JohnBoy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/28/09 at 21:37:53

If I read you right you are talking about flat black and gloss black?
Check out the San Carlos Indian pottery called black on black. Please understand that his represents Indian patterns, but you can get a feel for how they look together.
Google images will have lots of images of black on black pottery.

IP Logged
twdy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/29/09 at 04:41:21

Serowbot wrote on 07/28/09 at 19:25:59:
You could take that warning sticker off your tank.... Grin

already did after these photos  Wink.

Johnboy, they paint i have is an "ultra rich black with a semi-gloss sheen."  would this "sheen" burn off the exhaust/header?  

Also, flcruzr, i have a dyna fatbob muffler sitting at the harley dealer waiting for me, off of my brothers bike. this will fit right?

IP Logged
dhowe003
YaBB Newbies

87' bobber

Kansas
Reply #5 - 08/11/09 at 10:19:23

Im one of those all or nothing kind of guys so I think you should paint the entire thing black with a flat/gloss combo and just keep a few little bling tings for a pop. It will go good with the exhaust "pop"  Grin HaHaHa I love that lil guy. But really you should do whatever you think you will like and like flcruzr said, if you don't like it you have reason to spend more time playing with your new bike.

GOD bless America!!
  IP Logged
twdy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 08/11/09 at 12:57:17

Here she is with the black muffler!

IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #7 - 08/11/09 at 13:25:17

I like the muffler, I did'nt think I would but it looks good. Did you scratch your tank up getting rid of that sticker? Would look even better with one of those black cylinders from a newer model.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
twdy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 08/11/09 at 19:30:54

you mean the warning sticker? nah.  I just used a little heat from a blow dryer and some bicycle lube.. it works so good.  then i used some heat and goo gone to get rid of any extra glue on the tank.

I'm thinking of painting the bottom half of the cylinder black.. but that may be too much of a pain

IP Logged
dhowe003
YaBB Newbies

87' bobber

Kansas
Reply #9 - 08/12/09 at 10:26:18

Hey that does look nice. I painted my motor and it isn't all that hard to do if you pull it out of the frame and mask off real good. Make sure if you do it you clean in between the fins real good after you rough it up or you will get flakes. I used rattle cans of engine paint. Just make sure you follow the curing instructions. It tells you to run it for 20min. and then let it cool, then run it at operating temp for a while... it's all on the can. I think the black would look good on there.

GOD bless America!!
  IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08/12/09 at 21:10:36

[quote author=787B68750C0 link=1248812264/0#6 date=1250020637]Here she is with the black muffler!

That is a Cool Look!  I was thinking of this myself but just doing the part coming off the engine and stopping at the muffler.  Mine is still stock so the ideas are brewing... Undecided

As far as the dyna muffler fitting, i'm not sure about that but i'm sure our fellow members can tell you.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:16:01

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › visual mods

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.