Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
don't drag race....EVER! (Read 555 times)
Dynobob
Serious Thumper

2003 LS650 (with
Supertrapp)

Northern Virginia
Re: don't drag race....EVER!
Reply #30 - 07/25/09 at 22:02:32

Skid Mark, I think the saying is..."there's no substitute for cubic inches" Wink  It's true.

Rocco wrote on 07/25/09 at 21:00:27:
although torque is a close second! lol i love how torquey the thumper is!

Now if you want torque, the Buick 455 is pretty well known for being a torquey beast.

Quote:
co-worker who has the candy orange shadow 750(who claims his bike weighs 850pounds...yeah right!) said y would i be racing on this bike since he had an 05 s40....i said because she's all torque! u can't go fast for long in south florida but my 0-60 is better!

someone asked him who's bike is faster "he'll get me off the line and his is louder" was his reply

I ride both and I'd bet on your s40 (If it's jetted, etc.). I've ridden mine with lots of larger cruisers and I've never failed to keep up. I think the important things here are torque and power-to-weight ratio. The Honda's heavy ( 550 lbs, not 850 lbs Wink ) and doesn't have an abundance of horsepower. It's a great cruiser but not a dragster. The Suzuki's like a big minibike on steroids Smiley It's 200 lbs. lighter than the Honda.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #31 - 07/26/09 at 11:46:39

i can't imagine y they call u "dyno bob" lol

the old gs buicks are sick! i don't see many of them around though

i looked up and saw the shadow weighs 550 like u said but he denied it! i can't have a heavy bike, i lock mine in the backyard and have to push it through grass. i can't ride because it's usually 2am and the neighbors would kill me outside their window!

i don't want to go much faster then the savage can, i just like getting there fast lol hence y i love torque!

and i was riding 2day in the rain, and passed into the sunlight. it was so warm and perfect i was in heaven! someone beeped @ me and gave me the thumbs up! better then the finger i'm sure! haha

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Ramonesfiend
YaBB Newbies

little S40 keepin up
with Heritage
Softail Classic

Carlisle, PA
Reply #32 - 07/26/09 at 18:23:31

I don't race on my s40 but I did get behind a mid 90's M3 at a red light, he was revin his engine and holding it to get as much boost as possible, when the light turned green he took off and me being me I decided to see if I could stick with him and I did until the speed limit then I let off. On another note I do "race" in my 2001 volvo V70 turbo (roughly 10lbs of boost) and everyone is suprised that my big ass wagon can keep up with just about anything, and for being fwd that I can drift about as well as most 240sx driver.

It doesn't matter if you have a thumper or a 502 V8 powering your bike they all provide the fuel for the passion of riding
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #33 - 07/28/09 at 00:23:23

Yes, no substitute for cubic inches is a fact.

Of the ford engines talked of nothing can compare to the street able sort of  427 side oiler – the boss 429 was pretty special with machined circles around the pistons for brass ring cylinder gaskets but the 427cid was the thing – ford lost close to $1000 per engine to just put the things in street cars so they could meet requirement for racing.

My old daddy was stuck with the engineering “quality control” of the Galaxy 427’s single and dual carb out of the Dallas assemble plant  – all he could say was they wouldn’t idle for crap but he believed they’d climb a tree.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #34 - 07/28/09 at 09:37:32

ahahaahha yeah volvos are quick ! i didn't think anything of them til i borrowed my body's 4 door volvo something.....i peeled out on accident! lol

and the 427 sounds ridiculous! and if they couldn't climb a tree they could surely rip it out and drag it down the street! lol

i wish racing was still like that...now everyone is in the lead lap and the cars they "use" look nothing like the street versions and most are not rear wheel drive!!

i shoulda been born in the 70's!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Tonydtiger1971

Yet while we were
sinners Christ died
for us

Dawsonville, GA
Reply #35 - 07/28/09 at 15:21:35

Ah yes the good ole days, a powder blue 69 Nova with a 307 bored 30 over.  Wouldn't even squeak a tire in first gear, just sat down on the rails and took off.  Every time I hit second gear without letting of the gas a little it would break traction and lay rubber like there's no tomorrow.  Never lost a 1/4 mile race with that one.

Haven't even thought about doing that with the Savage, as much as I weigh it tops out at 92  Sad

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Tonydtiger1971 rgiskardrentlav@yahoo.com   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 22:21:40

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › don't drag race....EVER!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.