Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Scored me a Dial-a-Jet, what jets to try first? (Read 203 times)
odvelasc
Ex Member

Re: Scored me a Dial-a-Jet, what jets to try first
Reply #15 - 07/26/09 at 17:51:40

Ok, So, I have the 150main and the daj at the second most rich setting. I don get the fuel to the top of the line to the mixing chamber the way seviersavage says he does. My understanding is that that level is my float level. It does go up when I rev, mostly from 1/2 throttle and up. I am gonna down to a 145 main and maybe to the middle setting. See how that goes. 150 is still good though.

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Smoky Mountains Tennessee
Reply #16 - 07/26/09 at 18:38:25

You can't just rev the engine and watch it go up, has to have been under load. That's why after an almost WOT run I stop real fast and lean over to check it, I can catch fuel in line all the way to the top.
Tried leaning over once while at 3/4 throttle still on bike, take my word for it don't try it. Lips Sealed
Sevier

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #17 - 07/26/09 at 19:36:04

odvelasc wrote on 07/26/09 at 17:51:40:
Ok, So, I have the 150main and the daj at the second most rich setting .... I am gonna down to a 145 main and maybe to the middle setting. See how that goes. 150 is still good though.

Are you running with the needle clip on the leanest position, or the 2nd leanest?

Unfortunately I didn't get to work on my bike this weekend.. 50's house.. all my time went down the sewer (literally)  Angry

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/27/09 at 10:36:01

Boule’tard wrote on 07/26/09 at 19:36:04:
odvelasc wrote on 07/26/09 at 17:51:40:
Ok, So, I have the 150main and the daj at the second most rich setting .... I am gonna down to a 145 main and maybe to the middle setting. See how that goes. 150 is still good though.

Are you running with the needle clip on the leanest position, or the 2nd leanest?

Unfortunately I didn't get to work on my bike this weekend.. 50's house.. all my time went down the sewer (literally)  Angry

I have the needle clip in the middle setting. I may adjust that before leaning out.Mayb to a lower setting to enrichen the low end better since thats where I feel I lack a bit of power. It is raining today grrrr, yet again. SSooooo I am gonna adjust the needle tomorrow and test it before work tomorrow afternoon.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #19 - 07/27/09 at 11:00:14

Cool.  I am still waiting for the DAJ so will start with the 180 main and needle on 2nd leanest.  Then (assuming I'm not blown away by the performance as-is, which is likely) I'll put in the DAJ and raise the needle to leanest and drop the main to 155.

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 07/27/09 at 13:21:58

Just so we agree on our word pictures, On the vm carb raising the needle literally richens the mix. Dropping the needle toward the bowl leans the mix, less fuel gets by hence leaner mix. Raise it and more fuel gets by and you have a richer mix.
Seviersavage

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #21 - 07/27/09 at 16:04:43

Right, I meant, raise the clip to highest/leanest  Embarrassed
-Dyslexi'tard

IP Logged
seviersavage

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/27/09 at 17:06:10

O.K. now I'm with ya
Sevier

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 07/27/09 at 17:51:09

seviersavage wrote on 07/26/09 at 18:38:25:
You can't just rev the engine and watch it go up, has to have been under load. That's why after an almost WOT run I stop real fast and lean over to check it, I can catch fuel in line all the way to the top.
Tried leaning over once while at 3/4 throttle still on bike, take my word for it don't try it. Lips Sealed
Sevier

I rev my engine and watch it go up lol.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 06:21:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Scored me a Dial-a-Jet, what jets to try first?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.