Send Topic Print
Shell Rotella Oil (Read 296 times)
4carbcorvair

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Maine
Re: Shell Rotella Oil
Reply #15 - 07/28/09 at 11:40:26

Lots of Corvair owners use the Shell Rotella T also, including myself.

07 S40
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 07/28/09 at 13:42:13

You really do want zinc, or phosphorus, or aluminum ... that isn't going to hurt the clutch.

The thing it will do is burn and produce a lot of ashy exhaust and clog up the exhaust sensors. You know, the great savage exhaust sensors ... gone, clogged, done ... toast ... yea, every oil change I put new exhaust sensors in the savage exhaust ... because of my oil.

The accel 10W40 is SF rated ... I see your SL and SM ... you seem to be from this century ... sorry ... I am not that modern ... SF ... booya.

The zinc and others of its ilk (copper is a huge favorite over most of the rest, but phosphorus is also supposed to_ are there to protect the plain bearings when oil film thickness starts to get near 0.

But watch out for those pesky exhaust sensors, you dont want any of these getting on them.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 07/28/09 at 13:53:51

And for heaven's sake, watch out for anything that would hurt your type 2 catalytic converters -- wow, replacing one of those on the Savage is really really costly since you have to get it from the Suzuki Stealership home office.

(Srinath, really we shouldn't be teasing the newbies -- they may take us seriously.  Although for car use and some of the most modern direct injected modern motorcycles these are real concerns)

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 07/28/09 at 14:04:20

Yea I hat to replace my cat ... the cat in my hat ... it took the bat and hit me with it rat a tat tat ... I hat to replace my cat.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 20:16:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shell Rotella Oil

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.