Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transient enrichment valve or sticky slide??? (Read 63 times)
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Transient enrichment valve or sticky slide???
07/17/09 at 08:21:57

As far as I understood, it enrichens the mix during decceleration with throttle closed, right?? If so, is there a chance it keeps doing it after  stopped?? My bike started acting really funny, rpm start dropping on idle and black smoke starts coming out of the exhaust. Rev over 2500rpm - no smoke. Same thing happens in the morning, I crank up with choke, push the choke in and in few seconds it starts sputtering with smoke, and dies. It cranks back up easily, but it started to piss me off. Even with normal idle set to 2000rpm, it still does it. There's times when everything is normal, can't relate to any pattern of weather, temperature, or such.
150 main, 50 idle, needle one slot up, K&N cone, HD open exhaust.
Sticky slide or... Transient? Enrichment?

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Re: Transient enrichment valve or sticky slide???
Reply #1 - 07/17/09 at 21:08:04

Dasch,

Your problem could be one or more of several things.

Let's eliminate a common source of problems first with a simple test.

Crimp the petcock vacuum line.  Crimp it tightly enough so that nothing can flow through it, not even air.

Put the petcock on PRI.  If the bike runs better, that means you probably have a defective petcock.  You may still have other problems, but the bike will not run right until you deal with the defective petcock.

Happy hunting!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/17/09 at 22:54:40

So the logic is that extra fuel gets drawn through the vaccum line? Might be. I will test that today and repost.

IP Logged
dasch
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 07/18/09 at 00:59:23

Hey, just switching to PRI fixed it! Didn't have to crimp the line either. It seems so, at least. No smoke, no sputtering, holds smooth idle... It runs audibly leaner now, I will have to adjust that later. I say - success. Thanks, digger.

I can't but not mention that this transient enrichment valve seems to be a cause of rich running problems on some bikes with Mikunis. It is found all over forums on internet. Just a note to remember.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:22:57

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Transient enrichment valve or sticky slide???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.