Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
does the 93 model really have a 155 main jet stock (Read 93 times)
jabman

England
does the 93 model really have a 155 main jet stock
07/17/09 at 01:20:26

i was thinking about re-jetting to 150 and doing the white spacer mod but according to the suzuki manual it already has a 155 main jet as stock. i will not know for sure until i look, but is this true so i dont have to go through the trouble of removing tank and carb etc

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: does the 93 model really have a 155 main jet s
Reply #1 - 07/17/09 at 01:39:09

Are you in the U.S.?....  There are no 93' models..... 89' to 94' none...
86' to 88' is a #155 main...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #2 - 07/17/09 at 01:45:26

im in the UK, so there must be some difference

do you think i need to change the jet then in that case

« Last Edit: 07/18/09 at 01:26:31 by jabman »  

93" savage, 177.5 main, 52.5 w/holes 3 turns out , middle circlip, 6" k&n round filter, Dyna muffler, TKAT brace
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 07/17/09 at 02:12:06

I doubt it...
Do you think you're running lean?...
If you do, you may have an adjustable needle jet.  Early models here did... It will allow you to adjust the needle jet by moving a c-clip,... which will richen you up a bit and might boost acceleration.. if you need it.  Assuming you're lean now.... or, it will make you sputter and smoke under acceleration if you're not.  
Costs nothing to try, but a little work..

On a stock bike,... a #155 main is pretty hefty... I'm running a #150 with a filter and muffler mod...

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #4 - 07/17/09 at 02:20:20

ill give that a look, arnt most bikes made too lean out of the factory. what mods would you recomend to go with a dyna muffler and k and n filter

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/17/09 at 02:36:22

Just jetting to match... Proper jetting depends very much on weather, elevation, and temperature.... but I would think the main jet is O.K.
Try adjusting the needle clip,... drill out the idle mix plug and adjust that,.. if you need more than three turns out from fully seated, go one step up on your pilot jet.  

Here's some general tips on tuning your carb....
In general...

hotter  air = go leaner
more humidity = go leaner
higher altidude = go leaner

cooler air = go richer
less humid = go richer
lower altitude = go richer

Barometric pressure effects jetting in a big way, humidity, air temp, and elevation.  Some places have extreme  variations in barometric pressures and if you live there, your pipe will blue.  I live in the high desert and temps can change 40 degrees f in a couple hours, humidity can vary wildly too.  No way to jet for that.  

A good indicator of overall jetting is the weather...if popping/backfiring increases on humid days, or at higher elevation, that indicates rich....less popping on those days indicates lean.

To test the main, accelerate from 30 or 40 mph, in 4th or 5th gear at full throttle for several seconds, then reduce throttle by about 1/8,...if power increases for a second, you are lean on the main jet.  Go up one jet size and test again.  Do testing on an average day,... not too hot, wet or weird...

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #6 - 07/17/09 at 04:09:05

ill do that test sometime, its a wet day today. the manual states to have the 47.5 pilot jet at 3 1/4 turns out. does this sound weird as well?

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/17/09 at 06:53:58

jabman wrote on 07/17/09 at 04:09:05:
ill do that test sometime, its a wet day today. the manual states to have the 47.5 pilot jet at 3 1/4 turns out. does this sound weird as well?

If you are int he UK you are getting pissed on all the time. You have different weather so you are probably jetted for those conditions. Uk in general has a cooler, more wet climate. I would think that is the reasoning for a more rich jetting from stock.

IP Logged
jabman

England
Reply #8 - 07/17/09 at 09:35:51

so do think is should leave the jets alone and change the spacer maybe and the intake and exhaust

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 12:26:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › does the 93 model really have a 155 main jet stock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.