Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Equipment to carry stuff w/o spending a fortune (Read 667 times)
sjaskow - FSO

Frozen Tundra of MN
Re: Equipment to carry stuff w/o spending a fortun
Reply #15 - 07/17/09 at 10:17:58

And don't forget to pay attention to "The Marketplace".  People on here sell their stuff all the time.  In fact there's a set of bags for sale now: http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1247838751

2012 Victory Vision - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/vision
2006 Suzuki S40 - http://www.jaskowiak.cc/S40
WWW   IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #16 - 07/17/09 at 21:14:52

Vold,

I went with the Suzuki luggage rack (not real sturdy, but the best I could do considering I could find no other luggage racks that would fit this bike) and mounted a trunk on it I got from JC Whitney.  Both of those items were reasonably priced.

This setup is very versatile (it has to be....I don't own a cage):

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
newcruiserRIDR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/18/09 at 17:29:33

Can please post how the matuza LN hardbag install goes and if they fit? I was thinking of ordering them but thinking the measurements might be tight. Not very comfortable with having to relocate turn signals etc to make it work.

IP Logged
flcruzr
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 07/18/09 at 18:48:23

newcruiserRIDR wrote on 07/18/09 at 17:29:33:
Can please post how the matuza LN hardbag install goes and if they fit? I was thinking of ordering them but thinking the measurements might be tight. Not very comfortable with having to relocate turn signals etc to make it work.

Here is how they look, and I have mine for sale if interested.  They fit perfect, easy install!

IP Logged
Strafford_Guy

96 in progress

Strafford, NH
Reply #19 - 07/18/09 at 23:01:21

Do you have a link to those bags? They look pretty sweet. flcruzr
what are you asking for them?
Thanks

SERENITY - Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul
straffordguy   IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 07/19/09 at 01:04:52

those bags look awesome, I want ones in black, cause my bike is black, but I don't have the money right now, but they are on my list!  are they hard to pack since they open from the side???

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #21 - 07/19/09 at 02:38:27

Hey Strafford_guy, where the F have you been all this time? I have a set of those bags on my bike. Install wasn't too bad. the only problem that I had was that the LED turn signals that came with the bags wren't really bright enough to be seen during the daylight hours. So what I did (Toymaker did the same thing) was to mount a set of amber turn signals and wire the LED's to the brake lights. Here's a pic:

2006 Harley Electra Glide 2014-Present
2009 Suzuki C50 2010-2014
2005 Suzuki S40 2006-2013
camaro103060 camaro103060   IP Logged
newcruiserRIDR
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 07/19/09 at 17:09:07

Those hard bags look sweet mounted. I am looking at the black ones as my 2009 savage is all black. The website also has a pair of hard bags with the same dimensions only they are top loading and don't have the LED's. Looks like you had to remove the turn signals to fit these on. I wish I was more technical and could do stuff like that myself...just not confident. may have to find an alternative but it sure looks good. how much stuff can you fit in them?

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #23 - 07/19/09 at 17:28:22

Quote:
how much stuff can you fit in them?

On one side I have a small tool kit,rain jacket and rain pants, and there's still enough room for a quart of gas if I feel i might need it. On the other side I put my Thermos of coffee and a bunch of bungies and there's room for other stuff like gloves, sunglasses, etc...

False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #24 - 07/20/09 at 08:35:13

newcruiserRIDR wrote on 07/19/09 at 17:09:07:
Those hard bags look sweet mounted. I am looking at the black ones as my 2009 savage is all black.

I agree whole heartedly...those bags are awesome. I too own a black bike...'07...

Al or Toymaker...what turn signal system did you install in these bags?...They aren't a modified OEM signal are they? They look smaller.. Undecided

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #25 - 07/20/09 at 12:29:43

Try your local horse supply store.  I was in TSC (Tractor Supply Company) yesterday.  They have a set of black or brown nylon throw over saddlebags, not huge, but was $40.  I also have up some leather equestrian saddlebags, but the stitching didnt hold up when I hung up on my truck bumper in the garage.  They were about $40 on ebay.

IP Logged
drharveys - FSO
Serious Thumper

Greetings from San
Luis del Norte!

St Louis MO
Reply #26 - 07/20/09 at 13:04:48

I took these off my Triumph when I put some larger bags on it -- I used the Suzuki brackets.  They're not a bad size, but I probably would buy something less pricey.  

I had to make a cut out for the rectifier under the seat:

Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. Thomas Jefferson

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast. Alain Pros
  IP Logged
jowamf
YaBB Newbies

love my zuki! :)

New Mexico
Reply #27 - 07/20/09 at 14:51:24

I have the cortech tourmaster saddle bags, they are a size medium. I think that they cost me about $180. they are a little pricey, but they did great on a recent 2,800 mile round trip. I love them, and was able to hold a lot of things. As far as removal, these bags have a locking zipper so thast they can be removed from the bike easily, and carried inside with you. I took them off at hotels, and when we got where we were staying. Kind of like a little suit case I guess. And I use them on a day to day basis. I keep my purse, and dress shoes, I work at a bank Sad in them, and they are plenty big enough for a little bit of groceries if need be.  The right side wants to rub a little bit on the back tire, and I had to sinch them as short as i could get them, but a piece of strap metal bent into the right shape would easily preven that.

IP Logged
ALfromN.H.  FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Dragon Slayer

Rochester, New Hampshire
Reply #28 - 07/20/09 at 15:48:32

Quote:
Al or Toymaker...what turn signal system did you install in these bags?...They aren't a modified OEM signal are they? They look smaller..

I just got a set of "amber flush mount turn signal" from e-bay. I don't remember what they cost but it wasn't much. I had to drill ahole in the bag just under the other turn signal. Try this: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=amber+flush+moun...

justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #29 - 07/21/09 at 12:04:01

buttgoat1 wrote on 07/20/09 at 12:29:43:
Try your local horse supply store.  I was in TSC (Tractor Supply Company) yesterday.  They have a set of black or brown nylon throw over saddlebags, not huge, but was $40.  I also have up some leather equestrian saddlebags, but the stitching didnt hold up when I hung up on my truck bumper in the garage.  They were about $40 on ebay.

Ill bet the local Boot/Shoe repair guy would sew that up for you for $10.00. If you dont want to mess with it, If you posted a pic I might be willing to buy them & pay the freight. I have a Biggo Sewing machine with a 1/2 horse motor.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:15:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Equipment to carry stuff w/o spending a fortune

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.