thumper 2 the rescue!! (Read 506 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: thumper 2 the rescue!!
Reply #15 - 07/15/09 at 19:02:34

srinath wrote on 07/15/09 at 13:45:29:
Yup, its official ... Its a savage, she's a hottie and you're a squid ...

Any questions ?

Cool.
Srinath.

zing!

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #16 - 07/15/09 at 19:10:58

LANCER wrote on 07/15/09 at 02:57:24:
She is quite the LOOKER,  that's for sure.  
She is B E A utiful
I'm just wondering if she is TOO good you for you ? ?   Grin
Well, you do ride a Savage though; and that makes up for a lot.   Cheesy

she's still SOO much better lookin than you are
but who am I to talk trash Wink

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #17 - 07/15/09 at 21:28:44

ahahahhaahah u know, i don't feel bad that i'm not a pretty guy ahahhaaha if u guys think i'm cute i'd worry! sounds like u need to drink a little more hater-ade....comes in all kinds of flavors!!

and i'd def wait til after the baby! safety is good!

i know a bunch of guys who had a bike but when they got married the wife nagged them to sell it..that's ridiculous....if anything i'll get her one  Shocked

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 07/16/09 at 04:33:25

Rocco wrote on 07/15/09 at 21:28:44:
ahahahhaahah u know, i don't feel bad that i'm not a pretty guy ahahhaaha if u guys think i'm cute i'd worry! sounds like u need to drink a little more hater-ade....comes in all kinds of flavors!!

and i'd def wait til after the baby! safety is good!

i know a bunch of guys who had a bike but when they got married the wife nagged them to sell it..that's ridiculous....if anything i'll get her one  Shocked

there you go, sounds like good logic to me !  Keep it up, you are off to a good start; got a bike; got a smokin hot girl (whether you deserve her or not, you got her  Wink  I got a hot one 35 years ago and she is still pretty sparky !   Grin); keep treating her right and the dad will come around; and while she is really liking riding it is a good time to begin the process of introducing the idea of her learning to ride as well.  Introduce the idea gently and with lots of care for her safety "cause you love her so much" and if she likes the idea then set her up for a class.  Do not risk trying to teach her yourself, that way if there is an issue of some sort you can take her side and blame the other guy.
You've gotta think ahead with this sort of thing where women are concerned.   Wink

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #19 - 07/16/09 at 05:23:50

If you want your girl to drive a motorcycle teach her yourself,You care more about her than anyone else,I taught my wife she never went down in 45000 miles,Since I've been on this forum 2 girls have been hurt in the motorcycle classes one broken arm the other a leg.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Spiff
2005 No Login

Your favorite band
sucks!

In the Spiff Bunker
Reply #20 - 07/16/09 at 06:54:10

I'll side with LANCER, and against bill67 on this one.

Have her take a class from the MSF or another certified organization.

She'll learn stuff that may be automatic to you, as an experienced rider, but because it's automatic to you, you may not think to mention it.

Plus, everyone -- you, me, LANCER, and bill67 -- have developed bad habits over the years. You don't want to pass them along to her.

bill67, two anecdotes do not equal solid data. Have you considered that it's possible that the two girls you mentioned are klutzes and would have wiped out regardless of where they were? If you have solid evidence that specific events in a motorcycle safety course directly caused these broken bones, please share them with us.

Otherwise, I'll continue to assert that an MSF riding range, with instructors on watch, is the absolutely safest place for a newbie rider to mount up for the first time. Period. The facts support my assertion, but if you have solid evidence to the contrary, I'll revisit it.

"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them."
WWW   IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 07/16/09 at 07:38:39

You learn plenty of bad habits from MSF, one of the charlotte area instructors is a guy that used to visit my old neighbor all the time, he had no mechanical sympathy as well as no sense of what can be used for what, he had a mallet one time, it looked like a regular wood mallet, but weighed like 1/4 lb ... I started calling him "balsa mallet man"  ...

You can only get so far with the curriculum in an MSF ... he once destroyed an enduro riding in the woods across from our subdivision, he saw it was smoking 1/2 way in the ride, then rode for 1/2 hour thinking it will get better. It smoked and lost all teh oil (it was leaking from one of the lines from the tank which is in its frame and it smoked as it hit the headers) ... so the smoke was in front of him and it never tripped the oil light till the last min or so he said. So he rode it till it died. Then pushed it back to my neighbors house ... BTW I like the man, but he's definetly not infallible  I'd say inspite of the MSF curriculum.

You learn plenty bad habits from your friend/spouse ...

There is no perfect answer, you can naturally avoid some of both and you will substitute your own.

One huge point I disagree with @ msf - killing the bike with the kill switch. Leaves the light on, and if you're forgetful ... kiss the battery good bye. On my maxim-X, the kill swicth is Off all the time, when running its in the of position. The run position, runs the fan.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #22 - 07/16/09 at 07:44:52

thanks lancer! trying my best! luckily her dad has tattoos so i wasn't interrogated too bad! he did say i was the only dude to walk in and shake his hand and look him in the eye!

i think i'll let the professionals handle it, as i've only been riding since april and i learned so much @ the class. my friend who rides for over 30 years left out alot of the small things because like u said he didn't even think about it. PLUS u get your license too, she might get nervous during a test!

and one woman failed our test because she kept using the brake as the clutch....i didn't see it because it was the morning class( i picked afternoon cuz i'm smart!) but i was told they kept telling her to use the other one and she never listened...u can lead a horse to water !!

AND good call on blaming the other guy, wouldn't want 2 get into trouble unless it's goin to benefit me!!! lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
sakara
2005 No Login

Thumpalicious

Lockport, NY
Reply #23 - 07/16/09 at 09:16:00

Rocco you crazy sunuva...died laughin at that pic. Two tickets to the gun show.

Alliance Member

'86 Thumper bobber rat project.
sakara   IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #24 - 07/16/09 at 09:55:35

Rocco wrote on 07/16/09 at 07:44:52:
! luckily her dad has tattoos so i wasn't interrogated too bad! he did say i was the only dude to walk in and shake his hand and look him in the eye!

NIce job Rocco! - shows respect for him AND her!

(she's beautiful BTW)
Wink

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Rogue_Cheddar
Serious Thumper

Hang up the phone
and drive!

Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reply #25 - 07/16/09 at 10:18:42

Spiff wrote on 07/16/09 at 06:54:10:
I'll side with LANCER, and against bill67 on this one.

Have her take a class from the MSF or another certified organization.

Ditto! I tried to teach my wife on my Savage. She dropped it. minor scuffs all around for her and the bike. (Really lucky) I felt so ashamed. I had no business trying to teach her. I am not qualified. Be honest with yourself for her sake.

'95 Red Savage. Oring grips and pegs, 30" Fishtail muffler,152.5 main, 1/3 spacer mod ,seat lift, Verslagy.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #26 - 07/16/09 at 12:17:02

lol!! i hate pictures so i kinda lighten the mood and do something stupid haha

yes, respect and honesty are things i live by and teach the kids!

except now all the kids want tats and a bike  Grin

IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #27 - 07/16/09 at 14:58:26

Rocco:
That's a Dad's perogative to make the young fella sweat a bit when he's dating his daughter. Sounds like you passed muster.
Smiley

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #28 - 07/16/09 at 17:25:12

Rocco, you must be GOOD pal! That's a one in a million score dude!
I was just as lucky as you-see my avatar, that's my wife on my bike.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #29 - 07/16/09 at 18:06:50

i really hope i don't have any daughters because sitting in a karate uniform, cleaning my gun, then pull away on the rat savage?!!?! too much for most guys i'm sure! lol he won't know if she backfired or i shot him hahahahaha!!!

and i take pride in being a good boyfriend, i really care about her so i show her! i might follow suit and make an avatar like that of my own...if i let her sit there long enough to take a picture  Shocked

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:27:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › thumper 2 the rescue!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.