ODSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Dyna Beads
07/13/09 at 11:07:43

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.html

Anyone ever use this stuff?
I did a forum search and came up with nothing.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged
rigidchop
Serious Thumper

don't feed the drama
llama

ravenswood wv
Re: Dyna Beads
Reply #1 - 07/13/09 at 17:56:24

i know quite a few guys running them and they have nothing but good things to say about them. one even had a bent rim, and it rode smooth with them. when i get my next set of tires they are going in mine.

87 VM ED L
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #2 - 07/13/09 at 18:38:46

They work well for me.  I transferred them when I put on new tires and tubes.  Do be sure you check the air only with the tire valve rotated somewhere toward the upper part of the wheel.  By the way, they went into my new rear tube with the 90° bent stem slowly but did go in.  To get them into any valve stem, take your time and continuously tap the stem with something heavy--I used a #3 Phillips screwdriver shank to tap with.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 07/13/09 at 19:24:46

Seems to me,. that you will be riding a very imbalanced tire from a stop,.. up to 25mph.... every time you stop...
For city riders, that could be half the time...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 07/13/09 at 19:44:54

If your tire was balanced and you put them in how would you know it was better.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #5 - 07/13/09 at 20:39:33

bill67 wrote on 07/13/09 at 19:44:54:
  If your tire was balanced and you put them in how would you know it was better.

You won't.  If it is balanced by any system, it is balanced, period, unless something changes.

When I put my new tires on, I checked them on a bubble balancer.  They were off.  Instead of lead weights I used Dyna Beads.  They ride smooth.

About slow speeds...imbalance doesn't show up significantly at slow speeds unless the imbalance is really huge, which isn't likely to happen.  I don't notice any changes as I go from a stop to whatever speed I'm riding at.  It's smooth all the way.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 07/13/09 at 23:17:52

I'm saying that the beads themselves will create an imbalance by settling at the bottom of the tire at a stop... if this coincides with a natural imbalance in the tire, there will be double the effect, whether you perceive it or not...
Enough beads to create a balance will be enough to create an imbalance...

Why not just balance your tire properly to start with?...

Definitely don't use "Slime" with the beads...

Can you get condensation in a tire?... I'm not sure about that one... Avoid airing your tires on humid days?....

It's just a clever gimmick,... if the logic of the gimmick appeals,... you'll buy it.
like those gas saving magnets and what-not...
The good news is, this will have more effect than the magnets,... the bad is, this will have more effect than the magnets....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/14/09 at 02:33:09

I suspect the success lies in 1) the ability of the beads to adapt to minor imperfections in balance more effectively than weights and 2) the ability to adapt to changing balance conditions (e.g., wear).

I generally weight the opinions of those who have seen and used a product more highly than those who have not.

I'm putting on a new front tire shortly (whenever it gets here) and will try the beads.

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
PTRider

Reply #8 - 07/14/09 at 07:08:39

Here's a link to a truck balancer rig using the same techniques:
http://www.centramatic.com/techfacts.html

Moisture inside the tire doesn't matter with the balancing beads...unless its frozen.  Large amounts of oil from a compressor will gum up the works.

Conventional spin balancing is great.  The Dyna Beads can be re-used in the next tire and the next to avoid additional expense.  All we have to do is save the old tube, cut it open, and transfer the beads (or re-use the tube if it's good).

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 07/14/09 at 08:17:35

I never balance my tires. I never feel any difference even with the sharp handling GS500 ... so maybe tires have gotten to the point of making balancing moot, so anything you goop up in there and does nothing seems to have done the "trick".

I'd take a tire that is out of balance, run it, feel how it runs, then put in dyna beads and run it again. That I'll take as proof it does something.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
ODSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 07/14/09 at 10:43:54

Thanks for all the responses; I ordered them and will let you guys know how it turns out. They will be installed in new tube tires front and back.

IP Logged
ODSavage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 08/03/09 at 15:38:58

Dyna beads installed and the bike runs just fine. No wobble or anything so I would recommend it.

IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 08/03/09 at 16:04:18

Dyna beads were discussed at length here long ago.  The general consensus at that time, and research of the Internet for comments by users, was a split decision.  Some said the beads worked only at high speed, some said they didn't work at all and some said they worked.  Seems to me there are unidentified variables involved here.  Myself I didn't spend the $ on them because too many people reported that they didn't work, and I wasn't about to gamble with my money.  If I bought them and they didn't work for me, then I'd have to pay for traditional  balancing anyway.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #13 - 08/03/09 at 16:53:06

ODSavage wrote on 08/03/09 at 15:38:58:
Dyna beads installed and the bike runs just fine. No wobble or anything so I would recommend it.

Did you have wobble before you put then in or a problem.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #14 - 08/03/09 at 16:57:08

Years ago when I use to put on alot of miles on, I changed a lot of tires,I left the old weights on and never balance the new ones and never felt them being out of balance,Course I was never driving at high speeds like over 75 miles an hour.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 22:16:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Beads

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.