muffler ? (Read 198 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
muffler ?
07/12/09 at 16:53:21

SO!!! the stock muffler on my ravage has holes drilled in the end, i love how ratty the stock joint looks with the chrome cover removed, but i'd like a little more noise.

can i drill a couple more holes? do i have to worry about back pressure or anything? what are your thoughts on this my fellow thumpers?!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: muffler ?
Reply #1 - 07/13/09 at 08:40:06

Rocco, how long you been around here? There are all kinds of muffler threads,Hoss. More holes = less restriction = mo Noise.
Less restriction = Mo air flow = lean = Need to rejet. Savage ( later models) come out lean anyway.

If you like a ratty look, get a dyna muffler & scrape it up, but its a lot nicer looking, weighs about a 1,000 pounds less, so improves performance twice( better breathing & less weight) & looks better.

Or, go to a muffler shop & have a pipe bent & welded to the end of the header & slap a glass pack on it for a small tractor. That'd keep the rat look alive, sound good & look way better than the stock muffler.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #2 - 07/13/09 at 09:39:21

Rocco get a long bit and drill up in the hole of the muffler theres 2 plates up in there you can drill threw.About 12 inches up in there.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #3 - 07/13/09 at 13:09:35

that sounds like a plan! i figured it'd be easier to wreck the stock muffler then get a new one! i'll do just that & get a long bit! louder is better !!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 07/22/09 at 11:25:12

i want to drill holes in my muffler but i'm not cause idon't want to reget,i was thing if i took the bafffle out an weilded the 2 plates back in place it would be louder and i don't think it affect it but i don't know if the backpressure would change or even  have to rejet opinions anyone??

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 07/22/09 at 12:24:09

Drilling the stocker will change the sound from a sewing machine,... to a really big sewing machine....
Get a Sportster muffler.... it'll sound like a motorcycle...
Well worth the $20 or $30 dollars....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 07/23/09 at 09:37:20

will i have to rejet if i get a sportster muff, would i have to rejet if i were to take out baffle on my stock muffler and put the plates back in place????????

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 07/23/09 at 09:46:34

texsam wrote on 07/23/09 at 09:37:20:
will i have to rejet if i get a sportster muff, would i have to rejet if i were to take out baffle on my stock muffler and put the plates back in place????????

Not sure how you take out the baffles and put back the plates, but basically, if you make it breath, you will need to rejet for best performance.
Same holds for Sporty or anything else..
How much, depends....

Don't worry so much about rejetting, if you are capable enough to de-baffle or convert to a sporty,... ballpark jetting is easy....

« Last Edit: 07/23/09 at 12:35:12 by Serowbot »  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
texsam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/23/09 at 11:13:47

right on thanx for the info i guess i need ti find a jet kit just gotta find one thats one or two sizes uo

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 08:34:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › muffler ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.