Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Will any of these mufflers work? (Read 130 times)
littlefights

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Will any of these mufflers work?
07/08/09 at 14:52:29

I found a local company with an online catalog - will any of these mufflers work on the Savage (I have an '86)?  What kind of rejetting/tuning will be required?  Since I'm a noob, if these won't work, please let me know what I need to look for specifically to get one that will.

http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/emgo_muffler.htm

Thanks!

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: Will any of these mufflers work?
Reply #1 - 07/08/09 at 16:58:46

Yes they will work I got one put it on didn't know at that time I needed and angle pipe so put the stock pipe back on and left it,It did sound good,Got it from dennis kirk part number 431286 it fit with out any adapter.You do need a angle piece so it don't hit the rear brake lever.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
littlefights

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/08/09 at 19:03:07

Bill -

Thanks for the reply.  Which pipe did you use specifically?  Would you know where I can get an angle piece and how to get the right one?  Would the shorty muffler at the bottom of the page or the turn-out above it fit without the angle piece?  As I said, I'm a noob.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #3 - 07/08/09 at 19:50:14

Yes a short muffler should work it want get all the way back to the brake Most auto stores have angle pipes around here.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #4 - 07/08/09 at 19:56:09

Dunstall reverse cone 27 3/4 inches long

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
littlefights

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 07/09/09 at 09:53:37

Thanks for you help Bill!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 07/09/09 at 10:39:51

Supertrapp is tuneable & spendy, but offers the best performance. The Dyna muffler is a trim, good looking unit that offers some increase in power for low $$$ & is a good looking muffler on this little bike. Be aware that some have a crossover & that would not be a good deal.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
littlefights

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 07/09/09 at 12:37:02

I know the Dyna's are popular upgrades and I'm definitely considering one if I can find it relatively cheap.  Aside from the crossover, is there anything else I would need to know to buy the right one?  I remember some people saying they had trouble getting it mounted or that it wouldn't fit on the end of the header correctly.  Is there a specific diameter I need?  I appreciate the help.

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 07/09/09 at 13:25:49

the ID of harley pipes is slightly larger than the OD of our head pipe. I just used a soda can. Cut the top and bottom off, fold it over a few times into a strip, trim the strip for length and use it as a shim between the pipes. Use a high temp gasket sealer to seal up any small leaks and clamp it down. It really isnt hard. If you're going the HD route try to get one with a rail-type mount. It will be much easier to mount of the exhaust support bracket. Definately check e-bay. I got a brand new SE slash cut for $25. A set of 2 for a harley/other twin is IIRC about $200. Maybe more.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 14:43:33

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Will any of these mufflers work?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.