Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What do you think of this? (Read 325 times)
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
What do you think of this?
07/06/09 at 17:41:35

I want to go see this savage tomorrw.what do you think? the leak and the miles are my consern.
1997 Suzuki 650 Savage Cruiser - $1600 (Inverness)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to: sale-gvczm-1256702827@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-07-06, 7:19PM EDT

I absolutely hate to let this beautiful bike go. I bought it with 8000 miles and put another 8000 on it. it runs perfect with plenty of power. new tires front and back and brakes. the bike has never been dropped. the only things wrong with it is there is a very very small leak in the head gasket. it was like that when i bought it and its so minor that i might need to add a half pint every six months-its totally unnoticeable. the seats were made of some kind of vinyl and split at the seams. everything else is cherry. this bike is a perfect sportster look-a-like for a guy or gal who just doesn't have the dough for one. I feel like I'm giving it away. please call me at [352] 400-6284 price is $1600 or best offer.feel free to make one. I need to sell this bike now!

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: What do you think of this?
Reply #1 - 07/06/09 at 17:44:06

The oil leak is most likely the infamous plug cap leak which you can easily fix. (repair procedure in tech section) The miles actually ain't that bad.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
tldk1678

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 07/06/09 at 17:53:39

FYI

NADA has it at $1050 low retail - $1315 Average retail
KBB has retail at $1895 and trade in at $1245

I bought my 2003 between low and average NADA retail and was happy.

Information is power in negotiation.

IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #3 - 07/06/09 at 17:56:20

I'm thinking around 1300 or 1400.I'll have to see it first. I hope this one works out,Ive looked at alot of turds lately!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 07/06/09 at 18:01:51

A small leak?  I wouldn't worry about it.  Torque the head bolts, check the head cover bolts, it'll probably go away.

8k on the clock for $1600, fair price.

Of course it you want to jew 'em down a bit.
How old's the battery, the tires, what's that tick, gonna have to go it for maitenance, yada yada yada.

WWW   IP Logged
Gort
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/06/09 at 18:04:59

jrm8486 FSO X2 wrote on 07/06/09 at 17:56:20:
I'm thinking around 1300 or 1400.I'll have to see it first. I hope this one works out,Ive looked at alot of turds lately!

I agree.  I bought my '96 with 3200 miles in excellent condition for $1700.00, which was a fair price here in CA.  They go cheap.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #6 - 07/06/09 at 18:57:50

Its got 16000 miles on it.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #7 - 07/06/09 at 18:58:10

Well I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow, I hope it is in good shape. mileage is around 16k,not 8. Can't wait to get another Savage,I miss my old one.

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #8 - 07/06/09 at 19:58:42

i paid 1700 for my '95...but then the dealer fees and tax title and registration got it up to 2000...BUT she only had 7000 miles on her, used to be flawless paint(that had to go lol) brand new front AND rear tires, oil, plug blah blah blah....for south florida from a dealer i'm happy as heck about it PLUS i didn't have to go door to door!

y i didn't like door to door is i looked @ a rebel for 800 bucks....nothing special...it was @least black lol the guy wanted 1000 but i chewed him down but only had 750...so i said no thanks. showed up the next day with 800 bucks cash and he was no longer selling....i was extremely disappointed as i was itching for a bike. thank God i got my savage though, i have all of u guys as friends and "what do i do" help. PLUS i love riding around and people go "what is that?" or "how is that little thing so loud?" ahhh the life of ravage...i mean savage  Wink

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 07/06/09 at 21:15:31

little pricey for the mileage. Take a read about the cam chain tensioner and print some of that info out. You'll want to take care of that ASAP at 16k mi and that info may get you a bit better price as leaving it go without being fixed could very well destroy your top end. The oil leak is probably the plug/cap leak as Yonuh suggested. Not something Id be too concerned about but again..it may give you a bit of leverage. Id say 12-1300 is fair. Maybe see if he'll say he sold it to you for less. Maybe $800. Save you a little bit on the tax

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 07/06/09 at 22:27:30

Its sitting right at time to get a cam chain on it. I know a lot of guys just pop it open & look, but I wouldnt pop the clutch cover off unless I had the cam chain ready to install. Might as well have it in hand, its gonna have to have it one day. IF not now, then soon.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #11 - 07/07/09 at 05:19:54

Yonuh Adisi FSO wrote on 07/06/09 at 17:44:06:
The oil leak is most likely the infamous plug cap leak which you can easily fix. (repair procedure in tech section) The miles actually ain't that bad.

Oil leaks are tricky.  This one might not be the head gasket, but it is not necessarily the plug cap either.  It could be that someone had the head cover/cam assembly off and didn't run a bead of sealant on the mating surface.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Reply #12 - 07/07/09 at 05:23:05

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/06/09 at 22:27:30:
Its sitting right at time to get a cam chain on it. I know a lot of guys just pop it open & look, but I wouldnt pop the clutch cover off unless I had the cam chain ready to install. Might as well have it in hand, its gonna have to have it one day. IF not now, then soon.

And the cam chain tensioner is probably reaching the limit of its plunger extension.  This would be a simple fix while you're doing the cam chain.  From what I read, you should get a Verslavy by Verslagen.  That's what I plan to do soon.

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #13 - 07/07/09 at 06:03:09

If I get it,first thing I'll do is strip off all the stuff I don't need,backrest,side rails,rear seat,rear pegs,mirrors,turn signals. sell all of that and start w/ air pod and muffler. going bobber,but leaving fenders on!lots of rain in Florida. Not going as extreme as my last one,too expensive!

IP Logged
jrm8486 FSO X2
Serious Thumper

ride it like you
stole it!

Spring Hill FL.
Reply #14 - 07/07/09 at 11:11:07

Well just got back from 75 mile round trip to see another Turd!I felt bad for the kid selling it,he had to push it to a gas station to get it jumped,he left the key on all night,so I helped him get it started,seat was a wreck,as was most of the bike,lots of rust,keys not fitting,So I rode it and it sounded like someone was rattling a can full of nuts!He said he would take a grand,I told him good luck!So far I have about $1700 saved up.I'll wait alittle longer. Still have this beast to ride,07 1300VTX,just not the same feeling!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:13:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › What do you think of this?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.