Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Rejetting with DynoJet tonight... (Read 92 times)
trapper_canada
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Thumpers are FUN!

Rejetting with DynoJet tonight...
07/02/09 at 13:08:20

So I got my DynoJet kit today.  I can't believe I spent $80 on that...but if you procrastinate then you PAY the consequences... Oh well...

Anyways I did some reading on the forum and there appears to be a discrepency between the dynojet jets and the others... no 150 or 155 but these silly DJ140 or DJ144.

The instructions say to use the DJ144 so I will give that a go.

Now, included in the kit was a new fuel needle.  It says to use the 4th notch and the stock white spacer.

Now I already replaced my white spacer with a new one @ 1/2 thickness.  Does that amount to the same as this new dynojet needle?  I don't much feel like removing the carb again.  I already replaced the bottom 4 bolts with hex so I figure I can relatively easily do the rejet with Carb intact.

Anyone with any insight on if the 144 jet is good (stock airbox w/dyna muffler)?

And if anyone else is looking to rejet...do not waste your money on this DynoJet kit....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
trapper_canada
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Thumpers are FUN!

Re: Rejetting with DynoJet tonight...
Reply #1 - 07/02/09 at 19:10:32

OK...I put the DJ144 DynoJet needle in.

I fired it up...and it ran MUCH better...at first.  I gave it a couple good revs and there was no backfire or popping.  I took it for a spin and it is still backfiring.  However it seems to really back fire on hard acceleration???

Now when it is idling if I blip the throttle it will backfire.  Loud snap sound.

Any ideas what this might be?  I can't "feel" an exhaust leak.  I might try loosening everything and then trying to make sure everything is tight.

Any ideas with what could be going on?

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/02/09 at 19:14:21

trapper_canada wrote on 07/02/09 at 19:10:32:

I fired it up...and it ran MUCH better...at first.  I gave it a couple good revs and there was no backfire or popping.  I took it for a spin and it is still backfiring.  However it seems to really back fire on hard acceleration???

Now when it is idling if I blip the throttle it will backfire.  Loud snap sound.

Any ideas what this might be?  I can't "feel" an exhaust leak.  I might try loosening everything and then trying to make sure everything is tight.

I am in ottawa. I had to use the 146 main from the jet kit with my sporty muffler I had at the time. my carb already had a 145 in it at the time. The 146 reduced the backfires to crackles and only a poof on shut down. I really would use the spacer provided in the kit. After all you paid for it. and yes they are a rip off. All the pieces bought separately would only cost you 30$ or so lol. Dont forget to adjust your air mixture and idle as well.

IP Logged
trapper_canada
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Thumpers are FUN!

Reply #3 - 07/02/09 at 21:22:08

odvelasc wrote on 07/02/09 at 19:14:21:

I am in ottawa. I had to use the 146 main from the jet kit with my sporty muffler I had at the time. my carb already had a 145 in it at the time. The 146 reduced the backfires to crackles and only a poof on shut down. I really would use the spacer provided in the kit. After all you paid for it. and yes they are a rip off. All the pieces bought separately would only cost you 30$ or so lol. Dont forget to adjust your air mixture and idle as well.

You mean the DJ146?   The 145 that was in there is the stock 145.  They use different numbers than the DynoJet.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 07/03/09 at 12:26:29

The one thing that Dynojet leaves out of the kit is a larger pilot jet for those that need it.  That is the primary source for backfiring.

IP Logged
odvelasc
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/03/09 at 14:08:52

[quote author=161003121207103D01030C030603620 link=1246565301/0#3 date=1246594928]odvelasc wrote on 07/02/09 at 19:14:21:

You mean the DJ146?   The 145 that was in there is the stock 145.  They use different numbers than the DynoJet.

yeah, dj146. I should have made that clear. My apologies.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 08:32:34

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rejetting with DynoJet tonight...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.