SHE LIVES!!!! (Read 90 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
SHE LIVES!!!!
07/02/09 at 00:48:46

ok so i decided during the break in the rain to put her all back 2gether by myself. here's the adventure!

well, the instrument cluster is mostly plastic, i didn't realize that til after i snapped one of the little rods that it screws on to completely off. so i zip tied it lol it's holding pretty well surprisingly. the flasher relay i put in is HUGE compared to the old one, it made the tank even more interesting to put on. and the tube that goes from the cluster to the tranny i guess is a pain to put back in! THEN the vacuum line coil kept getting in the way, it's a small little line and i had trouble holding the coil back while trying to wiggle it on. AND of course the friggin seat is a chore in itself! but after all that i started her up, a little sputtering but i put fresh gas in her and went for a victory run!

my header wrap doesn't smell too bad, it's been dry for about 3 days now BUT it smoked ALOT! i got quite a few looks over that! it kind of smells like really badly burnt pop tarts ! !

i am loving the way she looks, i spilt a little gas and lost a little of the clear coat but nothing a touch up can't handle. i feel like i'm on an old school bike now, and without the chrome muffler guard she's a little louder as well.

AND yes, u know i had to backfire every decel i needed it!!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
serenity3743
Serious Thumper

Striving to better,
oft we mar what's
well

Black Mountain, NC
Re: SHE LIVES!!!!
Reply #1 - 07/02/09 at 08:51:43

Lookin' real ratty! Wink

2000 LS650P Suzuki windshield, luggage rack, saddle bag racks, k & n air filter, Dyna muffler,2/3 white spacer, do-it-myself seat. Love to ride!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 07/02/09 at 09:16:07

Mmmmm!,... burnt Pop Tarts!.... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #3 - 07/02/09 at 12:11:17

ahhaha one of my friend's goes "it's so ugly without that chrome cover on the muffler" and i replied "I KNOW! I LOVE IT" he just laughed, there's no hope for me!!

and yes i did get a little hugry! lol

glad u guys approve!

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
TestPro

Show up, shut up,
catch up!

Florida
Reply #4 - 07/02/09 at 14:18:02

No school like old ...
It runs, it's paid for, and you like it. What else is needed.
I'll be on the look out for ya when I cruise around the Palm Beaches.

Cheers,

TestPro
A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 07/02/09 at 15:13:35

Looks good. Itll look better when that stocker muffler is in the dumpster.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #6 - 07/02/09 at 17:41:36

yes sir mr. bug chaser! sounds good! i'll be @ the karate school or taco bell! lol mountain dew on tap u know!

and i am loving the horrible lookin welding and the holes and rust in the muffler! she's got holes drilled in the baffle so she's louder then stock. unless i get a straight pipe and flat black it, that muffler stays

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/23/24 at 08:29:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › SHE LIVES!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.