Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dyna Muffler Question (Read 333 times)
odvelasc
Ex Member

Re: Dyna Muffler Question
Reply #15 - 07/02/09 at 10:39:22

prechermike wrote on 07/01/09 at 13:15:37:
I recently put a HD muffler on my thumper.  I had already done the white spacer mod and removed the brass plug over the adjuster screw.  I merely had to readjust the idle screw a little.  Mine runs just fine, no more backfires and I am pretty close to sea level myself.

That is just my $0.02 worth.

flightsim is an f..in prick. dont buy from him. Try to buy a muff from a local harley shop. Often times they have crap left over in boxes and can give you a really good deal. The harley shop around the corner from me are nice and have a bunch left they are always willing to sell.

IP Logged
Rustbucket

Reply #16 - 07/02/09 at 11:20:30

This is the Dyna that i bought, And check out the seller, he has lots of mufflers for sale. Good guy to deal with and shipped it out fast.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350197995135&vi...

IP Logged
fretman

'07 S40

Brooklyn, NYC
Reply #17 - 07/09/09 at 17:15:37

I just bought a Dyna muffler from flightimshop on Ebay, before reading all the warnings here. I was expecting the worst, but  I have to say I didn't have any problems with the sale, and while it didn't fit like a glove, everything lined up well enough. With the included shim it was REAL tight, but went on with some persuasion from a 2X4.  It sounds amazing, and it seems a little more responsive as well.  All in all, money well spent!  I'll remain neutral on fightimshop, cuz I know there's been a lot of reported problems.  I heavily endorse the Dyna muffler conversion though, for anyone that's considering it!

white spaced, idle mix screwed,
dyna muffed, tkat braced!
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #18 - 07/16/09 at 12:25:29

In the "box of goodies" that came with my bike, there was a Harley muffler that the previous owner bought, but never got around to putting it on. Can anyone tell me if this one will match up, or if the previous owner bought one that won't work on this bike?

It says its an exhaust model #65842-07 for use on model #HARFXS1584

Any cross reference would be appreciated.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
sakara
2005 No Login

Thumpalicious

Lockport, NY
Reply #19 - 07/17/09 at 07:01:29

a 1584 I believe is for the 96cu Harley Dyna Superglide. It should fit up fine. It will be easier to install the there's a rail in the back instead of two tabs to hang from, but not impossible.

Alliance Member

'86 Thumper bobber rat project.
sakara   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #20 - 07/17/09 at 07:39:40

Thanks sakara, I guess I will put that on my short list of things to do...

sakara wrote on 07/17/09 at 07:01:29:
a 1584 I believe is for the 96cu Harley Dyna Superglide. It should fit up fine. It will be easier to install the there's a rail in the back instead of two tabs to hang from, but not impossible.

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:34:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Dyna Muffler Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.