Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Removing passenger seat and hiding the wires? (Read 83 times)
King Kashue
YaBB Newbies

We can't stop here!

The City of the Angels
Removing passenger seat and hiding the wires?
06/30/09 at 11:53:01

Hey everyone, I'm new here.  I just bought a 1998 Savage (Aztek Orange...I didn't know the Azteks liked Creamsicles), and I'm looking to remove the passenger seat.  I like the looks of the bike without it, and since I'm new to riding (just finished my MSF course last weekend), I've no intentions of riding two-up any time soon.

My only question is what are my options for hiding/moving the wiring that's under the seat?  I did a search, but didn't find any existing threads, but looking at the photo gallery, obviously some folks have figured out some fixes.  One option that looks really nice is a small "luggage rack" back there that's in a few of the pictures.  Are those custom, or is there a place to buy those? (they all looked different, so my guess is that they're unfortunately custom).

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

1998 Savage, Aztec Orange (so the rescue crew can find me, if I get lost at sea).
  IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Re: Removing passenger seat and hiding the wires?
Reply #1 - 06/30/09 at 12:11:52

I personally do not know how to hide the wires because I still have the back seat as well on my 2000 affectionately known as the FireLizard. But alot of folks stick the rectifier in the air box which apparently hides a lot of the wires and they have not had any troubles at all. The rest of the wires are for the rear lights.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 10:22:56

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Removing passenger seat and hiding the wires?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.