Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Will this computer work on the Savage? (Read 445 times)
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Re: Will this computer work on the Savage?
Reply #15 - 07/20/09 at 05:38:54

bdearlove wrote on 07/19/09 at 17:21:18:
Very nice setup. There is a wireless schwinn counter that I am eyeing.

One question. I imagine after a ride you turn it off, does it save the tripmeter information when you turn it back on again?

Thanks

Bdearlove...

This wired computer does save the information. I use the tripometer function mainly. After each fill up you just reset the tripometer back to zero by pressing and holding the left button for a few seconds.. The odometer will continue to calculate until it maxes out..or..you can reset it if you'd like.

I'm very pleased with this computer's function...not to mention the price! Wink

I saw the wireless on Friday and wondered the same about interference...would like to hear any reports if someone decides to try one out... Smiley

The cost for the wireless version in the Dayton Ohio Wally's are $19.96...still not bad if it ends up working with our bikes...

If you do go with this wired Schwinn, and you are running the stock sized front tire, I have the 4 digit calibration number that you can just plug-in when you get it...saving you from having to go through the calibration process with your bike...just let me know.

I'd give it right now, but I'm currently at a different location.

Hope This Helps!

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
Gary On A Savage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Only 15 mins riding
could save you $$$
in Dr bills

Fresno, California
Reply #16 - 07/20/09 at 10:10:15

I bought the Schwin wireless system from wallyworld last year.  But, as Skid mentioned, didn't work from interference.

'95 Savage with the lowered, full fender look
'96 Honda Shadow 1100 ACE
My Riding Blog: http://garyonasavage.blogspot.com/
WWW   IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #17 - 07/20/09 at 14:45:25

It was the 1st mod I did. I now have a GPS but will keep the cylce computer.
It's my trip meter, and puts the spedo where I feel it should be, up front where your eyes should be. I've ran if for 1 1/2 seasons, and still haven't had to change the battery. That includes being idle inside all winter. I have it calibrated to the GPS.

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
bdearlove
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 07/22/09 at 11:21:43

I am just going out to purchase it now. I would love to get the 4 digit calibration code. Thanks!!!

False Illusion wrote on 07/20/09 at 05:38:54:
bdearlove wrote on 07/19/09 at 17:21:18:
Very nice setup. There is a wireless schwinn counter that I am eyeing.

One question. I imagine after a ride you turn it off, does it save the tripmeter information when you turn it back on again?

Thanks

Bdearlove...

This wired computer does save the information. I use the tripometer function mainly. After each fill up you just reset the tripometer back to zero by pressing and holding the left button for a few seconds.. The odometer will continue to calculate until it maxes out..or..you can reset it if you'd like.

I'm very pleased with this computer's function...not to mention the price! Wink

I saw the wireless on Friday and wondered the same about interference...would like to hear any reports if someone decides to try one out... Smiley

The cost for the wireless version in the Dayton Ohio Wally's are $19.96...still not bad if it ends up working with our bikes...

If you do go with this wired Schwinn, and you are running the stock sized front tire, I have the 4 digit calibration number that you can just plug-in when you get it...saving you from having to go through the calibration process with your bike...just let me know.

I'd give it right now, but I'm currently at a different location.

Hope This Helps!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #19 - 07/22/09 at 12:12:26

If you use the "calibration code" provided by False Illusion, you will be in the ball park, but may not be exact.
That code is probably the circumference of the tire in millimeters.
Even with the exact same tire, "your mileage may vary".
It really won't be all that much extra trouble to measure your tire, figure up your calibration code, and use that.

I check mine about every 10,000 miles, as tire wear changes the size of the tire.  Definitely gets rechecked when I put on a new front tire!

A bit picky?.. yeah.  But I  have been accused way too many times of going too fast.
Gotta remember that most stock speedometers read high.  When my "calibrated" speedo says 70, an HD right behind me will be reading 77.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
False Illusion

Two digits down as
we're passin'!

Dayton/Southwest Ohio
Reply #20 - 07/22/09 at 15:39:28

Youzguyz is right on with calibration variance due to tire wear. It won't be too far off though...My computer is approximately 751 miles old (750.79 to be exact Wink) and it is still matching my stock speedometer.

Feel free to plug in my calibration. Take it for a spin...  see if it matches your speedometer (Or get a friend to ride next to you) then make the adjustments accordingly...

Mine was right on.

Here you go...2076 (...that is "mm" BTW Wink)

Hope This Helps! Cool

Black '07 Boulevard S40 w/ OEM Saddlebags, Windshield, Guard, SissyBar,and Rack. Schwinn Bicycle Computer, Highway Pegs by Thumperclone, Time Piece ala the $ store...and a $5 cooler from WalMart Wink
  IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 08/10/09 at 09:48:17

Interesting.  My measured rollout, unloaded, on a new MT66 was right in that ballpark - 2060 mm.  I haven't gotten it working entirely yet, have the magnet on the rotor and am gradually getting the pickup closer!

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
Duane

Creatively
Maladjusted

Terra Plane
Reply #22 - 08/10/09 at 12:47:09

I used to use the same computer. It worked great, even better than the one I use now. I upgraded to the next step up computer because it said it had a back light so I could read it at night. I did not know you would have to push the button to get the light to come on and it just stays on for like 30 seconds. I used some JB weld to stick the sensor on the back of my front brake caliper. It's been on there over a year and I even changed the pads this year. Had no problems at all. That old computer was more acurage than my new one. The new one reads a little fast when I get over 60. That one in the picture stayed spot on all the way to 80. I never tried to push it past that.

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. JFK

WWW duanedaringer   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 19:40:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Will this computer work on the Savage?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.