PLEASE HELP!!!!!! (Read 246 times)
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
06/29/09 at 10:59:13

i swear if i get laughed @ by one more parts guy i'm going to snap! i went to pep boys and napa....they didn't have anything in stock, and they had no clue what i was talking about. i quote the one guy "dude you're f***ed" and then again gave me the whole car parts don't go on bikes" speech. have these people heard of hot rodding? they didn't have part stores back in the day they winged it....much like i'm doing now!

i'm about to ask one of u guys to buy it and ship it and i'll pay for it....or just get the darn 30 dollar part from suzuki.....

please help....i'm losing it...out of the entire mod list the friggin relay is being the worst....the tank is coming out great though! i'm gonna go count to ten lol

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Reply #1 - 06/29/09 at 11:18:38

i just talked to the guy @ cycle gear...he can order me a suzuki electronic one for 20 bucks...no splicing no soldering....since the one is the original on my bike (from '95) i'm pretty sure i won't have to replace it for a while.....

just a ? is the requirement for some auto stores being able to spell the word "car" lol

i'm just aggravated...my apologies to anyone on here who was or is a parts person.....i'm thinking u know how to wrench...or @least what one looks like!!!  Wink

'95 bobber rat...i guess it's a "bat bike" haha flat black mostly, bare metal tank, header wrap, always a work in progress !
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #2 - 06/29/09 at 12:49:31

just got word back....they no longer carry the suzuki one...but apparently they have one that's kawasaki/suzuki so i'm heading over 2morrow to see what is what

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #3 - 06/29/09 at 12:54:56

what relay are you refering to? the the turn signals??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #4 - 06/29/09 at 18:41:05

yes the flasher relay, that is haunting me

IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 06/30/09 at 00:33:21

dont even bother talking to the counter people or if you have to just say its for a car. Just look around with the fuses. Probably at the bottom of the rack. The package will say something like "12 V Thermal Turn Signal Relay" or " 12V Thermal Flasher Unit" or something like that. $3-4. Get the one with 2 prongs, not 3. Cut off the stock connector, strip both wires it was on and wrap one around each prong. Doesnt matter which wire wraps around which prong. Apply electrical tape as needed. Please dont spend $20 or more. Im begging you.

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #6 - 06/30/09 at 02:51:05

You might even be able to find one that will plug right in.  Take the old one with you for comparison purposes.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
smokin_blue
Serious Thumper

From Cafes to
Streetfighters! I
build them all!

St. Paul, MN
Reply #7 - 06/30/09 at 03:44:24

youzguyz wrote on 06/30/09 at 02:51:05:
You might even be able to find one that will plug right in.  Take the old one with you for comparison purposes.

Yup!  found a straight drop in for my old GSX-R750 years ago and used it with no issues for 12 years before I sold the bike.

WWW   IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #8 - 06/30/09 at 06:32:11

spend a lil xtra and get an electronic one if leds turn sigs are a future mod..
auto zone,checker,wally world have them on the rack..

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #9 - 06/30/09 at 09:57:25

sweet! that'll work, they said the only ones they have are 30 bucks now not 20...

so it'll hold with tape? or solder? my friend mentioned something about bull connectors? but i've been looking for one to plug in, i didn't even think of taking off those freaking little connectors!

so a universal one will work?! awesome! now is vibration a problem if i jsut tape it?

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #10 - 06/30/09 at 10:38:03

crimp on female spades
ty wrap(cable tyes) to mount

IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #11 - 06/30/09 at 12:42:36

hmmmm i don't know what femal spades are lol but i'm gonna look into it! and i got an electronic one, it was bigger then the thermal & i thought it'd e easier to mount if it was a little bigger(plus it's clear and cool looking lol)

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #12 - 06/30/09 at 13:04:52

Rocco wrote on 06/30/09 at 12:42:36:
hmmmm i don't know what femal spades are lol

These

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Rocco
Serious Thumper

addicted 2 riding
TcB

south florida
Reply #13 - 06/30/09 at 13:06:58

ridiculous! that looks alot better then soldering! i assume u just find a set that'll work on the relay.....harbor freight away!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

am i the only one who feels the need to buy everything in that store? here's how my logic goes "so what if i only need one, and may never use them again, it's a pack of 415 for 3 dollars!!" lol

IP Logged
Yonuh Adisi FSO
Serious Thumper

Savage Jedi (Knight)

Pilot Valley NV, aka Tatooine
Reply #14 - 06/30/09 at 13:07:58

You can always use extra connectors, so buy away. LOL and yes, just get the size that well fit the connections on the relay.

By the way, the color of the sleeve that goes around the wire indicates the wire gauge size it fits best on. Red is what is usually used on our bikes.

Check out Flight of Destiny http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9130XC
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 02:20:11

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.